TO A STRONGER ME III

Pls read the last 2 chapters before ,as this will not make sense with out it

Part 3

"You were right. It was never envy .it was simply self loathing."

Vibrant red ,velvety petals of a single red rose graced her figure tips. The burnt orange couch comfortably held her draped form, the once dull orange, green and brown office was now bursting in an array of bright colors ,thanks to the multiple painted canvas that adorned the walls. All of them marked with Aadila's name on the bottom corner.

Aadila was once again sitting across her therapist Mrs Zama.

"Is there still some self loathing inside you Aadila?" Mrs. Zama asked,even though it was clear that she knew the answer.

"No, I feel happy. I feel content and better. More confident, more brave. More me then I have felt in a long time." The bright yellow hijaab that sat proudly covering her head was a testimony to that. Aadila had been helping herself and becoming better and stronger as the days passed. She had finally grown into herself. Finally after 2 years of mental pain Aadila had reached there.

Aadila looked down at herself and couldn't help but smile. It was not easy,but she did it. Henna stained bee hands in beauty. Yellow wrapped her beauty in a statement. And little paint marks speckled her white abayaa in everything that made up Aaliya.

"You are healed ,you are.strongr ,better and most importantly you are who  you choose to be, and you know and recognize your worth. I am.proud of you Aadila . However, you are ignoring an important factor. Ignoring it will not make it go away."

Mrs. Zama's voice that normally would have been soothing and peaceful to Aadila, now corsed her to frown. The rose in her hand starting to burn her fingertips.

"Ignoring it will not make it go away,but it won't make me face the issue either. Ignoring it puts it between I have to face it and it may never happen." Aadila replied the crease between her brow deepening.

"And which will it most likely be ?"

The rose twirled innocently within her index and thumb. The burning feeling growing with each twirl, but Aadila refused to let it drop. Such an innocent object associated with "love". For aadila that innocent, fresh, vibrant rose was test. A mockery of her progress. In some ways it was even a thorn to her heart. Why had she picked it up? She had no idea.

"I don't want to face it yet...." Aadilas voice was a simple wispere.

"Aadila ignoring it will not make it go away. However when the time comes you will have to face it. And in that moment you will once again have to remember your worth. You come first to yourself."

Aadila continued her day the same as every other . Yet today marked a date that would mess with Aadila if she was not careful. Today marked the day of Aadilas and Sameers 2 year separation. Aadila had been dreading this as it closed in on her, finally it had arrived and yet nothing had happened. Aadila had expected a knock on the door ,a phone call or even a little note. Yet, all she received was a single red rose.

The next morning once Aadila had stepped out of the apartment door ,she was once again met with a single red rose laying with her name tagged to it on the welcome mat. The week had gone by in the same manner. Every time Aadila's eyes would glance at the red rose left for her she would feel her heart beating so hard ,she feared it would beat out of her chest.

After a full week of red roses, Aadila started walking out to find heart shaped balloons. An occasional chocolate or stuffed heart with a love quote embroided elegantly on the front. Aadila didn't understand if her heart beat was in awe of the romance and thought behind every object because they were her favorite, or her heart beat in fear and dread of what she knew was soon to come.