Chapter 28

I stared at the picture. They were right. The girl looked like me. Creepily like me.

"Do we know when this was written?" I asked.

"No. I don't think," Ashley said, looking at the first and last pages.

"It's old though," Alastair said.

"Okay. So who is this?"

"Uh, let's read and see because I don't know," Edmond answered.

I sat on a chair and started reading a few pages before the picture. 

The great warrior queen Diana, said to be the daughter of our Goddess Artemis, wielded the mighty sword of Apollo and the bow of Artemis. The powers that she possessed help fend off a great evil that encroached on the lands, solidifying her position as leader of the wolf realm. 

Diana is the first of all wolf queens, married to our first king and mighty leader, Aelfred.  Their descendants have ruled over all of the realm for thousands of years.

Once the battle ended Diana and Aelfred prayed to Artemis, asking for all wolfdom to be protected from the human world, preventing anyone or anything from entering.

I stared at the picture. The silver-haired woman had the glowing mark of Artemis on her forehead, just like mine. Her icy blue eyes stared fiercely at the creature she was striking down.

"So, yeah, she's the first queen of our kind. Um, also the daughter of Artemis and she defeated a great evil that encroached on the lands."

"I thought Artemis had no children," Alastair said.

Ashley, Edmond, and I looked at one another.

"What?" 

"I guess he should know," I said.

"This is a secret that isn't really secret anymore," Edmond mumbled.

"What secret? What aren't you telling me?" Alastair asked.

"So, no, Artemis hasn't given birth. But she has children."

"Of course, we are all her children."

"No. That's not what I mean. At all," I sighed heavily.

"What?"

"If Queen Diana is anything like...me, she's literally a daughter of Artemis."

"What..."

"That mark on her forehead? It is the mark of Artemis. I have the same one." I moved my hair from my forehead and showed the mark. 

"That's not a scar?"

"No." I closed my eyes and focused deep within myself. On Artemis.

I could feel my body growing hotter. 

"What is going on," Alastair yelled, jumping back.

"Elanor. My daughter."

I opened my eyes to the beautiful face of Artemis smiling at me.

"Mother."

"Is everything okay?"

I shook my head. "No. We are no further with finding anything out. And, we found this book."

"Who is that? What is going on? Why..I don't understand!" Alastair yelled, backing further away.

"Calm yourself, Beta. It is I, your Goddess."

"You know me? How do you know me? You're Artemis."

"Honey, please calm down in front of our Goddess."