The Hall of Prophecies...Again

Severus paced his room the entire night after Trelawney had given the prophecy. He wanted to know what it was about. He had sent Hermione to her common room to think about it separate hoping that there would be some sort of answer by their both thinking of the same thing far away. He hadn't had any idea on what was going on with him, Hermione, and now the prophecy. Dumbledore was looking like the only answer. He groaned at that thought. Severus I am so happy that you have found someone other than Lily Potter that you admire. Severus could hear Dumbledore's happy raspy voice right in his ears, sending shivers down his spine. 

"Snape," a voice sounded, breaking Severus from his thoughts. A loud banging on his door followed. The hair on his arms stood on end, his head started to hurt, as if it were going to split in half. He groaned painfully as he opened the door. 

Minerva stood in her night clothes wand up, looking panicked. "Someone, somehow has taken Miss Granger," she squealed. Severus' head was on fire now, and one eye was totally blacked. His heart rate increased as he focused his mind on Minerva. "Goodness, Severus, are you alright?"

"Fine, go to Dumbledore. I'll investigate." He muttered painfully. Minerva looked at him once more before deciding she didn't care at the moment. Her cub was in danger. She hurried away to talk to Dumbledore while Severus stood there a moment longer, waiting for her wand light to disappear. 

Once it did, he slammed the door and yelled out in pain. It felt like his entire body was on fire and being cut open. He summoned his wand and flicked his wrist. His frock was on him in an instant. His left eye was still black, and his mind was overly thinking. He left out to see the Griffyndor Girls Dorm where Hermione was taken. 

Once stepping in the Common Room, it seemed like the entire House was here. "Who heard what happened or saw it?"

Lavender Brown raised her hand. "We were about to go to sleep when she screamed. She said something like 'rotting heart'."

"No, it was 'melt into the fire and it will show you'." Another girl said. 

Severus raised his eyebrows. He left the common room for the girls dorm, the girls still arguing over what Hermione said. His left eye was starting to throb as it got lighter. He reached Hermione's bed and he saw her as it was just before she was taken. She was sitting up in bed, tapping her quill to a journal. She was thinking of the prophecy also. 

Severus almost saw a lightbulb go off over her head as she started writing furiously and muttering to herself. He couldn't hear what she was saying though. She shoved her journal under her pillow and sat there muttering something. Moments later, a shadow appeared in a cloak. Severus tried to make out who was under the cloak, however he had on a death eater mask. Wonderful, a death eater has the woman I love. He moved around as the figure disaparated, a feature that shouldn't be possible for anyone other than Dumbledore. Even he had to use his Death Eater abilities that the Dark Lord was teaching him. 

Dumbledore came in, storm raging in him. "Severus, what is going on?"

He held up a finger. "One moment, Professor." Severus waited until his left eye was completely dark before going to Hermione's bed. He gently raised her pillow and felt her journal. He gave a soft grunt. The pain was less, yet still burned in him. He opened it to read Severus, I have found  something big. A magic that is very old. It was in one of the restricted books we looked at. I activated our Bonding Soul. Its a way for us to find one another if something happens. Now, I don't know what the Prophecy means other than, I am fire, and you are Ice. The pain will go away after you speak aloud this phrase. Ready? 

ego hanc caritatem accipere

It means I accept this love. Silly, I know, however unless you want to be in pain for the rest of your life, assuming you aren't already by you being a Death Eater. 

"Ego hanc caritatem accipere," Severus said. The pain subsided and while his left eye was still black, he was back to normal. 

Dumbledore stood there, waiting too patiently, for an explanation. "I have several things to tell you, Headmaster," Severus muttered, looking at the headmaster with painfully panicked eyes. 

"What's going on, Severus?"