Chapter 2

Mason POV

“There is fresh meat in the school.” I heard Jax say as soon as he sat down at the table.

“Did you get into her pants already?” I asked, smirking.

Jax worked fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

“Not yet.” he said. “But I will. This one is way too pretty to let go.”

“I think she may be too innocent for you, Jax.” Chris said, picking up the fork.

Chris wasn’t like Jax and I. He did get his share of girls, but not as much as Jax and I did. Not that he couldn’t get them, it was just that he didn’t want to. He was a bit more withdrawn than Jax and I were.

“I love it when they are innocent.” I smirked, leaning back on the chair and crossing my arms over my chest.

“Back the fuck off, Richardson.” Jax said sternly, pointing his fork at me. “I saw her first. You can have her when I’m done.”

“You guys are gross sometimes.” Chris sighed, shaking his head and looking to his right at Jax. “Do you even know her name?”

“I overheard it.” he shrugged. “It’s Emma.”

My insides twisted like they always do when I hear that name. I clenched my fists, and suddenly I had no interest in the girl. She could be the prettiest, most innocent thing on this fucking planet, and I wouldn’t go near her.

I hate that name.

“I don’t think you will manage to get this one, Jax.” Chris said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Is that a challenge?” Jax smirked, raising his eyebrow at Chris.

“No.” Chris shook his head.

“I accept.” Jax grinned. “She will be mine by Halloween.”

“There is no challenge, Jax.” Chris sighed, picking up the food with his fork.

The door opened and two girls walked inside. The first one I recognized. It was Hazel, the nerd who kept to herself and always had a book in her hand. She was no fun and one of the rare girls who didn’t give us any attention.

The second one had to be the new girl with the name I will not repeat. She was really short and had long brown hair. I couldn’t see her face because she kept looking down at her feet. She looked even more timid and withdrawn than Hazel.

“Good luck with that one, Jax.” I snorted. “I don’t think she’s ever seen a dick pic, let alone the real thing.”

Jax turned around immediately, searching for her in the crowd.

“I will be honored to be the first one whose dick she will see.” he said, looking around.

Chris rolled his eyes and sighed.

“She looks like a scared version of Hazel.” I said, looking at her all the way on the other side of the room. “You’ve tried fucking Hazel, and she didn’t even acknowledge your existence.”

Jax turned around and glared at me angrily. “I would have succeeded, but I was distracted.”

“With another pair of tits.” Chris mumbled.

Jax focused his glare on him before turning around again and looking for her.

“Ah, there she is.” he said cheerfully when he noticed her. “Too bad she’s turned around, man. You have to see her face. She is beautiful, really.”

With a name like that, she could have my dick rock hard 24/7 and I still wouldn’t touch her.

It was weird to hear him describe a girl as beautiful. I’ve heard him use words like hot and fuckable, but never beautiful.

Chris looked over his shoulder at her. “You will lose your own challenge, man.”

Jax looked at him and rolled his eyes. He turned back around and continued eating his dinner.

I looked back up at the girl. Her back was turned to me, and I couldn’t see her. Hazel was talking to her and smiling. It will be fun watching Jax play with her until Halloween. It would be even more fun if she had a different fucking name so I could play with her too, but we can’t always get what we want.

I sighed, standing up.

“Where are you going?” Jax asked me.

“To get a bottle of water.” I said, walking away from the table.

I walked up to the counter and gave my brightest smile to the lunch lady.

“What brings you back, handsome?” Susan asked me, smiling back at me.

She was a sweet old lady who liked me very much. Well, everybody liked me. I was a handsome, polite young man. On the outside, anyway. I could get away with a lot of shit because nobody ever thought I could do wrong.

“A bottle of water, Susan, please.” I said, winking at her.

She turned around, opened the fridge, and took the bottle out.

“There you go, sweetie.” she smiled, handing me the bottle. “Anything else?”

“No, thank you, Susan.” I smiled, turning back around.

I started walking back when I almost dropped the fucking bottle.

Her eyes were on Hazel, and she was smiling. She had my eyes. She had my fucking face.

Holy fucking…

She looked up at me and her eyes widened.

But what pissed me the fuck off was that she wasn’t surprised to see me.

She knew that I was here.

She knew, and she still came here.

I clenched my fists and walked up to her in four long strides. I grabbed her arm, pulled her up and dragged her out of the dining hall.

I could feel the eyes of every person in the dining hall following us, but I didn’t give a fuck.

I was pissed as fuck.

As soon as we were out, I pushed her against the wall, caging her in with my arms.

“What the fuck are you doing here?!” I shouted in her face.

Her eyes were wide, and her breathing was erratic.

“I… I’m…” she stuttered. “I’m sorry, Mason. I didn’t know.”

“The fuck you didn’t!” I shouted again. “You weren’t surprised when you saw me in the dining hall.”

“Because Hazel told me.” she said quietly, her voice shaking. “She saw my last name and told me there was a boy here with the same last name as mine. I didn’t know before.”

I gritted my teeth and removed my hands. I clenched my fists, taking a deep breath.

“Stay the fuck away from me.” I told her and turned around, walking back into the dining hall.

I slammed the door shut, walking back to my table angrily.

Chris and Jax were staring at me, wide-eyed.

I sat down, slamming the bottle on the table.

“What the fuck, man?” Jax said. “I told you she was mine.”

The rage boiled inside of me. I looked up at him, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists, reminding myself he was my friend, and I couldn’t kill him.

“You touch her, and I will rip you apart.” I said through my teeth. “She is off fucking limits.”

Jax’s eyes widened.

“Who is she, Mason?” Chris asked me.

“My fucking sister.” I said, grabbing the bottle and twisting the cap off.