chapter 17

no one pov:

"yeah..yeah, i guess that is how surprises work" sardonyx start thinking for a few second while tapping her pencils until her eyes widen with realization, she threw her pencils at someone who scream in pain from the distance while defect flinch at it 'yikes..' "i got it! every fusion gets something new, a new power, a new weapon-"

"like a yo-yo?" smoky cuts her off with a smile "yes but better, lets find out what's new about you" she snap her finger until the light turns on, meaning the show is back with the unknown crowd cheering and with jazz theme "aaand welcome back! don't those cartoon characters makes you wanna buy those products? i sure hope so or else i'd be off air, ohohoho!" she laught with the back of her hand on her chin "we have a new segment for you all tonight, thats right everyone, its time to hit. that. bird!" the audience cheers and applause even more with defect who's smiling widely and clapping her tiny hands

"during opal's adventure at the sky spire, she took down a flock of bird monsters with her bow, let's see if you've got her 'opalescent aim" sardonyx clasp her hands together as she gave the bow and the bag of arrow to smoky "what do you say smoky...

"during opal's adventure at the sky spire, she took down a flock of bird monsters with her bow, let's see if you've got her 'opalescent aim" sardonyx clasp her hands together as she gave the bow and the bag of arrow to smoky "what do you say smoky? are you ready to hit that bird?"

"oh! ah, well, a bow is kind of like a yo-yo right? except if the string went this way and.." sardonyx gave her a small (sorta fake?) smile "Mm-hmm, let's start, shall we? time is an impatient thing!" sardonyx moves to the side until a small bird monster from back then shows up, kinda like one of those whack-a-mole games, smoky aim the arrow but she missed, she aim and missed, over and over again, one almost got sardonyx and another one hit on defect's hair "AH!" she scream in surprise in the background

" sardonyx gave her a small (sorta fake?) smile "Mm-hmm, let's start, shall we? time is an impatient thing!" sardonyx moves to the side until a small bird monster from back then shows up, kinda like one of those whack-a-mole games, smoky aim the a...

the bell rings and sardoneyx goes and grab defect, putting defect in her arms like a mother while pulling out the arrow "uh-oh, times up, let's see, the score tallies to...one, two, three...zero" the audience groans with sadness "guess i'm a real..bow-zo, ha" a little bit of the audience laugh at her joke while sardonyx is rocking defect like a baby "what do you say we move on to the next segment, everybody?" they walk to the next game which its like a high striker "here we are! i called this segment..!"

"you like that little man?" said the sugalite game while defect stare at it with confusion 'strange..who's she?' "cause everybody loves a callback" the non-existent people laugh and applause while sardonyx quietly talk to herself "she's not actually in this episode, do we still have to pay her? yes? fair enough" defect shake her head 'breaking the fourth wall' "now, it's no secret that us fine fusions pack an extra punch but sugilite is a standout for being a heavy hitting powerhouse, but maybe you've got something to top sugilite's swing?" smoky check how many hands she got "Mmm, maybe?" sardonyx lift the hammer and twirl it, hitting defect on the head "oof!-" sardonyx quickly apolozise to her and gently pat her on the head to ease the pain as she gave the hammer to smoky "just hit the base with this mallet, and we'll see how you measure up"

"okay!" she went to the front and spit on her hands, she grunts as she hit it and it went on a picture of pearl "that all you got?"

"gosh" defect give her a pity frown with sardonyx "Ooh! very close, an extra spin around always helps me!" defect giggles while being slowly spin like a scrambler ride "ohohohohoho~"

"an extra spin huh? okay!" smoky spin her whole body and hit the high stricker and it went to stevonnie "haha! nice try!" smokey glare at the game with a bit of shock "what?! *sigh* one more time" she lift the mallet whike grunting and hit it as hard as she can "you. ain't. nothing!" smoky growl at her while sardonyx starts think about this "Hmm, yes, something just isn't hitting right here, maybe you're just strong, 🎵in a different way~🎵, we'll find out in just a moment, play us over to stage right, jorge!" smoky is hesitate to leave the second stage because she didn't win just like the first one "okay, don't worry about that crowd, don't worry about jorge, it's just you me and little marshmallow"

"yeah, no duh, actually...who's jorge? sardonyx lift defect in her other hand while walking "smoky, you're holding out on me, i'm ready to see your main event" defect yawn softly like a cat and close her eyes, all this game show is really tiring for her to watch "ah, you and me both"

"now, alexandrite has a throat full of flames, whether that's the cause of her raspy voice is up for debate, but there's no room for questions when she attack, exhaling a burning blaze! so i call this segment 'breath of fire!' she raise defect a little bit as a joke because..well she is a ruby so you know why "uh..sardonyx, i don't know" sardonyx start incouraging her while pushing her to the final game "come on smoky, step up and see if you can spit some elemental chaos at the target" she clap her hands together with a big closed smile while smoky is still hesitate but gives a determine look and took an inhaling and exhaling breath, she took a deep breath...but just lets out a burp, after a few second of silent she start laughing out loud which woke defect up from her nap with a confuse look "we seem to experiencing some magical difficulties but..don't change the channel, there must be some common thread between steven and amethyst that's heightened by their fusion"

"i don't know sards, i guess, uh, zero plus zero equals zero" a bit of laughter start coming out of the crowd while sardonyx keeps talking "something they both think, something they both do"

"they say two wrongs don't make a right i guess i'm living proof that that's true, i'm just..one big super wrong good-for-nothing dud with a yo-yo!" defect and sardony give smoky a sad look, defect then jump off sardonyx's hands "smoky.."

"they want..to impress us! they were planning this all morning..we hijacked their show! i was excited! it's not. about. us!!" sardonyx covers her face as the light went off, defect quickly grab on to smoky's hand due to her fear of darkness, they notice a bit of light coming to sardonyx and its garnet and pearl un-fusing, as soon they did the place start rumbling and falling apart, pearl screamed due to the floor cracking, defect quickly went and ride on to smoky's back like a koala "what's happening?!"

"it's sardonyx! if she's not here, the room can't exist!"
"garnet!"
"pearl!" the big sign of 'sardonyx tonight' leaves a big hole on the floor so it's up to smoky to save them all, she quickly grab pearl and summon her yo-yo  to get garnet, once the yo-yo manage to get in the door she grab garnet by her hand, she grunt while pulling on the yo-yo so they could get out, once they did smoky un-fuse so steven and amethyst is back while hitting a few of the baking items, defect is beside steven laying on the end of the couch "sorry for the rough landing.."

pearl quickly gets up with with a delighted smile "what are you talking about?!" "that was amazing!" garnet give steven a ruffle on his head while he laugh softly, defect gasp and jump in garnet's arms "garnet!! i missed you!" she smile widely while giving garnet a kiss on the cheek "oh amethyst! you've been such a good influence on him" amethyst rubs the back of her neck while looking away "it's kinda the other way around"

"you didn't tell us that yo-yo can graple" garnet kiss defect on the head while hugging her "it can do so much stuff!"

"wait, so do you use it like a laso or a flail?" question pearl
"it's better then a flail" said amethyst  with a big smile
"it's a toy!" yelled out steven with joy

now it's shown outside of the house
pearl: it's so unexpected
garnet: give us the play-by-play
amethyst: so, there we were....

(that's 1444 words)