Chapter 27 - Trick

Rick's POV

I was sipping my whiskey absently in my study room when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I turned around and placed my glass on my desk as the door opened.

"Did you talk to Luke?" I asked as I sat down on the chair.

"Yes, he will inform us about the time and place," Mario replied. I nodded and looked away, lost in my thoughts. "The doctor called me today after getting Vanessa's blood test results. He told me that there is nothing serious, but she has to eat properly and take her prenatal vitamins. I bought the vitamins he told me to give her."

"Fine," I mumbled and sipped from my drink.

"She doesn't eat properly, saying she doesn't have appetite," Mario informed me, looking concerned.

"I don't care," I muttered dryly and finished my drink in a sip.

"But she is pregnant."

I clenched my fist. "Then she has to think about her baby and eat. If she isn't a mother material, it's not my problem," I commented nonchalantly as I stood up to pour myself a glass of whiskey.

He breathed deeply and suggested hopefully. "I think it will be better if she stays in one of the guest rooms. The room where she stays isn't suitable for a pregnant woman."

"No, she will stay there. It is the most suitable place for her. She doesn't deserve more than that. She isn't my guest," I stated firmly.

"Ricky, be reasonable. She has to pull herself together. However, when you act like this and keep her in that dark place, she will feel more depressed. It is dangerous for the baby."

"I don't care about that bastard's baby," I blurted out and finished my drink in a sip before slamming the glass onto the desk. "Especially when she doesn't care about the baby herself."

Mario heaved a loud sigh and informed me. "She wants to talk to you."

"I told you I don't want to see her face," I reminded him firmly.

"She says it is important."

"I don't care," I said, annoyed and rubbed my temple; my head was pounding. Despite the fact I took a painkiller an hour ago, it didn't pass.

"Then let me take her to a guest room; she looks worse than before. If you don't believe me, see her yourself then," Mario insisted, looking worried.

Vanessa's POV

I was pacing back and forth in the room while waiting for Rosa to send me something to eat. She visited me here secretly a few days ago and informed me that Rick was trying to poison me to get rid of my baby.

Firstly, I didn't believe her, but when she showed me what he did after finding out about my pregnancy, I wasn't sure about anything. Deep down in my heart, I didn't want to believe her, but I couldn't take a chance. I wouldn't let anyone to hurt my baby.

I wanted to tell Rick the truth about our baby, but Mario told me he didn't want to talk to me. So I decided to be careful till I told Rick about our baby.

Rosa promised me to help me to escape from here as well; she was going to inform my father about my whereabouts.

I looked towards the door as the door opened. One of Rick's henchmen, Arturo walked into the room, holding a tray in his hands.

"I don't want to eat," I refused as he put the tray on the bed.

My heart started beating faster as Rick walked into the room after Arturo, resting his hands in his pockets, and ordered Arturo to leave us alone.