Chapter 16 - Secret

Rick's POV

"And you have to be careful now after making the front page with your American chick. Don't forget we have a lot of enemies who know you. Even if you changed your name, they know who you are," he stated worriedly. "I will tell Giovanni to send someone to keep an eye on you."

"You talk like you haven't already ordered someone to follow me," I commented mockingly. "I know it was one of your henchmen who called the police to the warehouse," I added, giving him a knowing look.

My father smirked arrogantly. "See you soon, Riccardo." He tapped on my shoulder and left, closing the door behind him.

***

"Could I get a glass of Margarita, please?" I gulped nervously as I heard a familiar seductive voice.

Once I gave a customer his drink, I turned back and faced that familiar voice's owner.

"Rosa..." I mumbled, looking at the brunette with a flirtatious smile on her face. I cleared my throat and asked, puzzled. "What are you doing here?"

Rosa Fantoni... She was the daughter of my father's right-hand man, Giovanni. I had known her since childhood. She was feisty, adventurous and stubborn. We started dating when we were in high school. But after what happened to my brother, I broke up with her because I was beside myself.

"Aren't you happy to see me, Ricky?" she asked seductively, raising her eyebrow.

I sighed and replied firmly. "It will be better if you leave."

"Why?" she purred, leaning towards me. "I missed you," she confessed, resting her hand on my cheek.

"Rosa!" I frowned and pulled back.

"Let's go somewhere private," Rosa suggested seductively.

"I can't. I am working," I refused, shaking my head.

"But I have important things to tell you. I am sure that you would like to hear about them," she commented arrogantly.

I heaved a loud sigh. "Just two minutes."

She grinned happily and nodded.

Once we found a quite place on the second floor, I rested my hands in my pockets, leaning against the wall, and said nonchalantly. "What are you going to tell me?"

She approached me, giving me a seductive smile, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Ros..."

She brushed her lips against mine, catching me off guard. As soon as I got rid of my surprise, I pushed her back.

"What the hell are you doing?" I snapped angrily and wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

"Didn't you miss me?" she purred, resting her hand on my chest.

I pushed her back and reminded her firmly. "We broke up, Rosa."

"Did you forget how much fun we had? And those passionate nights," she commented seductively and bit her lower lip, looking into my eyes.

"I don't love you anymore. My feelings had changed. I told you," I stated firmly.

"You were beside yourself, Ricky. Moreover, finding you sober was so difficult. Almost impossible. So I know it wasn't true. You needed some time. On the other hand, I know you felt guilty because of cheating on me with Domenico's fiancée," she declared, giving me a knowing look.

I gulped nervously and mumbled, running my hand through my hair. "What?"

Rosa smirked cunningly. "I know what happened between you two, Ricky. I saw you that night."