Chapter 6: Walk of shame

Ashley's POV

Tristan stared at me angrily, putting the bucket on the floor beside him.

He was now dressed in sweatpants, with his chest still bare.

I was first hit with the realization that he was still alive, that was good news. I wasn't going to prison for aiding in a murder, then the realization that I was half naked in his bed finally hit.

I could imagine all the different thoughts racing through his mind. I was surely screwed this time, there was no way back for me. I'm pretty sure this would be the moment my life ends. After everything Waylen did to prevent 'us' from going to prison, I'm pretty sure we were going to end up there. Everything was about to be exposed.

His mood quickly changed, he stepped closer and sat on the side of the bed looking a little calmer.

"Are you going to explain everything that happened last night?" he asked.

He fixed his eyes on me, searching for a reaction.

My brain froze, my heart threatening to leap out of my chest.

How was I going to explain everything that had happened? Of how my ex-boyfriend came here and assaulted him all because he was jealous. Either way, this wasn't going to end well.

"I..." I started.

Tristan wailed. "My head hurts," he interjected, holding his hand at his temple. He kept his head down as he tried to contain the pain. This must be the aftereffects of the alcohol, if not the blow.

"Why don't I remember anything from last night?" He spoke in frustration.

I looked at him confused.

Wait, he didn't remember anything about last night? This had to be good news, right? Did he really not remember or was he just testing me?

Seconds later, he seemed to have recovered from the pain.

"What happened to my face?" He demanded, pointing at the mark from Waylen's punch.

I had not even noticed; I was so focused on getting out of this situation alive that I hadn't noticed the red mark around his eye.

"Are you going to say anything?" He demanded.

"You fell and hit your head on the table sir," I answered in a panic.

I was shocked by my lie. Was I really going to lie my way out of this situation?

He stood up from the bed, he looked a little bit dizzy. I wanted to help him.

He quickly gathered himself, pressing his hand against the wall for balance.

"I'm sure that we have both had enough of each other. I need you to get out of my bed." He spoke. He turned, heading towards the bathroom. "One last thing, you are fired." He spoke.

"What?" I managed to whisper.

Why was he firing me? If not for what happened last night, then why? Maybe it was because I was half-naked in his bed.

"What did you think would happen, that you could seduce me and get a promotion?" He spoke.

He stared at me coldly, his eyes filled with anger.

I looked at him confused. What did he really think happened?

'Wait, did he think that we slept together?' My slow brain registered.

I looked down examining myself, the towel I had wrapped myself in was now laying on the side of the bed. I was completely exposed, in nothing but my bra and underwear.