002; red filbert

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 uneventful evening.

Saiki was in his heaven (home), and all was good with the world.

Until (of course there's an until), his lovey-dovey parents got into a bit of a predicament...

Both idiots had started a useless argument about who loves each other more, all that dumb-couple stuff. It irritated Kusuo a little bit. The likeability meter already told him everything, both having matched with an impressive score of 38,689! It was a tie between them every time, so these fights are pointless.

It'd be best if he'd leave to somewhere quiet. He'd rather not listen to ear-grating "arguments".

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

He had accidentally teleported outside the same flower shop he visited just the other day.

That's strange. Usually, things like this don't happen.

'Time to teleport to somewhere els-'

There he was.

A head of [ hair color ] was across the gravel pavement, staring back at Kusuo.

His eyes peered with curiosity, removing the earphones tucked in his ears.

"Hello, Saiki..!"

"...." [ name ] waved, with no audible reply from Kusuo.

"Are you going to visit the shop again?" he asked. His voice was so small in the whirling wind, it was hard to hear him. But the movement of his mouth was enough alone to know what parted from his tongue.

Saiki shook his head. 'Not really.'

"Ah, I see..." his voice almost whispered.

'..Was it weird to call him by his name? Does he think it's weird I even remembered it? Should I just have not said anything...?'

That boy keeps overthinking things, doesn't he?

"I'll get going now.. bye-bye." he meekly said.

With a small wave, [ name ] walked by Kusuo, a nail being hit to their short-lived conversation if you can even call it one. As he left, Kusuo noticed a small smile gracing the [ complexion ] face of the passing boy. [ name ] had plugged back in his earphones, the music fuzzing out his thoughts.

He was listening to a cheesy love song, with awfully generic lines. Nonetheless, the lyrics were sweet.

'So that's the music he likes.'

Kusuo took note of it. It wasn't for any reason, it just somehow came to mind.

He teleported to space later that day, perfect place for peace and quiet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[name] was currently dozing off, standing idly by the register. Not the register of his flower shop, no, but his part-time job at a café. He used to have more than these two, but due to his health─he had to resign from most of it.

The flower store is desolate and vacant for most of the time, business is slow and frankly—failing. Paying for the space, electricity, water, the supplier, and all that has to cost a large amount of money. There's not much profit either — with their services mostly being walk-ins, bouquet arrangements, and display cases. Big arrangements like weddings or ceremonies aren't included in their services usually — and the sales always depend on season.