four

Faith's POV

Flashback

Boom

Boom

We heard a gun.

I started shaking while Aurora held me in her embrace, saying it would be okay. We were in the janitor's closet on the floor corner of the room.

"It's okay Faye, we're safe here."She said shushing me. Her voice shaking.

I tried not to cry but then I felt a tear fall onto me.

Aurora was crying.

I slowly wiped her cheeks from her tears while I started crying too.

I was now holding her tightly in my arms and we were crying together.

"Remember what you promised me?"She asked quietly not wanting to be too loud in case someone was in the hallway.

"Yeah, why?"

"Please don't break it."She said, her throat closing up. Her eyes well up with tears.

Then it hit me.

"No. Nothing is going to happen to you Aurora."I said quickly but confidently, trying my best to comfort her.

"But if- "

"No "if's", nothing is going to happen to you and I'll make sure of it."I interrupt her

She then wrapped her hands around me tightly.

I did the same not wanting to let her go.

Ever.

"We have to go find a way out."

She said.

I just nodded not knowing how to answer that.

"Let's go."

She said exiting the janitor's closet, my hand in hers.

I turned and went the left way and she started following behind me after a few seconds.

I was about to turn right when I heard a gunshot.

"Aurora?"I yelled out for her while turning around.

I saw the man with a gun going the other way.

Then my glance made its way to the floor.

Blood.

Aurora.

She got shot.

"AURORA!"I yelled while running towards her on the floor.

I fell onto my knees, tears streaming down my face. She got shot. In the stomach.

"You'll be okay, you're gonna be fine," I said quickly my voice shaking and my eyes full of tears.

She shakes a bit in my hold. Whimpering.

"Fa..-ye."Her voice was trembling and quiet.

"Yes, Rora?"

"Keep...your.."She slowly said stopping every second due to pain. "Your.. promise..."

Her hands reached for my face.

She wiped some of my tears away but I just started crying and crying so hard.