seven

Faith's POV

I don't remember when the drive was over or the drive.

I only remember Matteo's hand stroking my hair and telling me not to fall asleep, but I couldn't stay awake. The exhaustion was stronger than me.

At the moment, I couldn't move due to the pain still there, but it hurt a little less. Thankfully.

I felt someone's breathing next to me which almost sent me into panic mode but then I opened my eyes and saw Luca.

He was asleep next to me, letting out a few snores which caused me to chuckle a bit.

I turned my head to my left to see Alessandro asleep on the chair that was in the corner of my new room. A blanket was covering him, but you could see it was too small since half of his body was not covered. That's what happens when you're a giant.

Someone entered the room making my eyes go straight to them to see who it was.
While entering, I swear I could've seen Giovanni's mouth twitch upwards when he saw me.

But in less than a second his expression was back to his stone-cold one.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Gio asked in more of a soft tone while sitting at the edge of the bed.

I moved up a bit, my head against the headboard while grunting because almost every move hurt.

"I'm feeling better now. It hurts a bit less now." I replied, looking at Gio's brown eyes. I don't know how I didn't see before that we looked so identical.

"Who did this to you, Sorellina?" His tone was genuine. I don't remember the last time someone genuinely cared about me. It's different, it feels weird. I don't think I'm worthy of this 'love'.

sorellina=little/baby sister

"Does it matter?" I asked quietly, looking down at my hands. I felt tears at the brim of falling.

"Of course, it does, why do you say that?" His tone was even softer now which was making me even more emotional.

"I just- nobody did anything about it before at my last school. " I mumbled the words out, so quietly and it took me a second to realize what I just said. I just hope he didn't hear me.

"Faith. I'm so fucking sorry that I- we weren't there, to protect you and help you. It pains me to see this happening to you but you have to know this type of shit the person who pulled this on you won't go without payback. And I know that your brothers are feeling so guilty for not being there to prevent this or anything bad happening to you. I know I am."

His hands went up to his eye, wiping something.

Tears, oh my God.

This was my breaking point, I couldn't say anything but a sob escaped me. Tears started falling down my face and no matter how much I tried to wipe them away they wouldn't stop falling.

I didn't even notice that Giovanni was now in front of me and then I was in his hold.

His arms were around me, hugging me so hard but so softly at the same time. My face was buried in his white dress shirt. One of his hands was running circles on my back while the other was staying on the back of my head.

"I'm sorry Faith, I really am." He sniffled and I thought I felt a tear of his drop on my hair.

I pulled my head out of his shirt and turned my head up to look at him.

"It's not your fault Gio." He looked at me with his tear-filled brown eyes and he smiled.

A genuine comforting smile was on his face. I couldn't help but ask

"Are you so soft with the boys as you are with me?" I asked with a smile, while still looking up at him.

A soft chuckle escaped him before he replied

"If you tell them, they won't believe you."
I hummed a laugh before putting my head against his chest again, he moved next to me slowly trying not to wake up Luca who was still sleeping. So was Matteo, in that armchair that was probably super uncomfortable.

They're deep sleepers. Like me, when I can fall asleep.

I don't know how much time passed in silence with Gio, but he was now running his hand softly against my arm that was around his chest. My head was next to his chest, still like hugging him.

It feels so nice, right here in this moment. I feel safe again and I just hope it stays like this.

"Hey, Gio?" I said quietly.

He hummed, probably looking down at me but I couldn't see since I was playing with his hand. His rings to be exact.

" I know I just got here but-" I paused because I felt it get harder to speak due to my throat closing "I'm glad I'm here."

He didn't say anything for a few minutes but then I felt him hold me tighter.

"I'm never letting you go again Faith, I love you."

I don't remember when was the last time I heard those words, from any family member. I only ever heard them from Val.

My mom never said it but I guess her actions made it seem like she did, sometimes.

My step-father did not say the words and neither did he show that he loved me because he didn't. I was just a burden to him, literal trash he had to take care of, his words not mine.

" I love you too."

A/N

Hi guys, it's been a month since the last chapter and I don't know if I will continue this story because I'm kinda getting the motivation to start a new story, with the same main thing which is the younger sister and older brothers.
Sorry this is so short but I hope people who are actually reading this are enjoying it :)

please vote and comment if you want
-love, gabi