TEN

Dabi sighed and stared at the ceiling of his room. It was well after midnight, and he was exhausted, but he just couldn't fall asleep for some reason.

Dabi rolled out of bed and walked towards the library. You weren't there. So, Dabi walked down the stairs and looked in the living room. You weren't there either. Dabi wandered through the house until he eventually found you in the kitchen. You were washing whatever dishes you had left earlier. Your hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Dabi studied your face for a moment.

'Now that I think about it,' he thought. 'I've never seen her with her hair up.'

Dabi cleared his throat.

You squeaked in surprise. "You scared me," you said.

"You should pay more attention to your surroundings," Dabi said.

You pulled your hair from its ponytail and looked up at him. "Is something wrong?" You said.

"Can't sleep," Dabi said.

"That's not good," you said. "Would you like some herbal tea? That may help."

"Sure," Dabi said.

After Dabi drank his tea, he sighed and closed his eyes. "Can't sleep."

"You didn't even try," you giggled. "I've got something for you. I'll bring it to your room, okay?"

"Sure," Dabi muttered. He slugged back to his room and flopped on the bed. Not long after, you walked into the room.

"These aroma therapy candles should help," you said. You set the candle on his nightstand and lit it.

Dabi glanced at you. "Can you come here?" He said. You walked to his bedside. "Is there- eek!" You exclaimed. Dabi had wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his bed.

"T-This is very inappropriate," You stuttered.

"I'm not tryna fuck you," Dabi said. "Calm down." Dabi laid his head on your chest and closed his eyes. You hesitantly reached out towards him and gently stroked his hair. Dabi's grip around you tightened. He slipped one of his hands up your skirt and rested it on your side.

'Maybe, he just wanted some human contact,' you thought.

"You're secretly a big softy, Master," you chuckled softly as you played with his hair.

____________

Dabi woke up to you gone from his bed. He looked out of his window, and it was still dark. Dabi groaned and rolled out of bed again.

He walked down the hall, towards your room. Once your door came into sight, he paused.

'Should I knock?' Dabi had never been in your room before.

"Yeah, well, he deserved it." Dabi heard your monotone voice from inside your room. "Besides, that bastard's death was a big turning point in making shit better. Stop your complaining."

'Who's she talking to?' Dabi leaned against the door.

"I don't care," you snapped. "Anyone who wants him gone will have to deal with me."

Dabi's only heard this cold tone in your voice once, back in the courtroom. There was a moment of silence.

"Fuck your reputation, how would anyone know unless you say something? Look. I'll find someone else if you're gonna bitch about-" You paused.

"Whatever," you snapped. "I don't need you, you need me. That traitorous scum deserved what he had coming, and it was a pleasure to deliver his karma."

Dabi's eyes widened.

"I'm not letting my emotions get in the way of shit," you snapped. "I work for myself, so I can do whatever the fuck I want. Without me, and my flawless track record, you'd be nothing." Then, Dabi heard a loud noise.

Dabi took a step back and stared at your room door. 'She's been doing this right under my nose the whole time,' he thought. 'She's... the killer? Assassin may be the better word for it. What should I do? Was this maid stuff just a trick?' Dabi's thoughts ran wild.

Dabi sighed and pushed your room door open. Your eyes widened.

"Master?" You said. You stood there in a green nightgown with frogs on it. "This is embarrassing," you muttered.

"Come back," Dabi said. Then, he walked away.

You smiled and followed him to his room.