FIFTEEN

Dabi smiled to himself as he watched you pet the black cat he had recently gotten for you. Dabi saw the cat on one of his errand runs, it's big purple eyes reminded him of you, so he bought it. The way your eyes lit up made Dabi's heart swell.

'Damn, I love her,' he thought. It took a moment for him to realize he thought what he thought. All of the little Dabi's in his brain were freaking out by the sudden epiphany, as if cupid had hit him with a fucking truck, going 100 miles an hour, instead of an arrow.

"Is something wrong?" You said.

Dabi stared blankly at you.

"Um," you muttered. "Master Dabi?" You said.

He didn't respond.

"Hello?" You said, waiving your hand in front of his eyes. "Anyone home?"

"Huh?" He said. "What's up, ____?"

"You were staring," you said. "What planet were you on?" You giggled.

Dabi shrugged. "Probably mars or something."

"What were you thinking about?" You said.

Dabi looked into your eyes, then he glanced at the cat in your lap. "Uh," he muttered. "What are you gonna name her?"

"I was thinking Midnight," you said. "But, I don't wanna name her after that dead hero. It seems disrespectful."

You tapped your chin. "How about Maneki!" You exclaimed.

"After that cat?" Dabi said. "The one that brings luck?"

"Yeah," you smiled and patted her head. "I think she'll bring us good luck. Don't you?"

"Uh, sure," Dabi said. "Maneki sounds nice."

You smiled at him. "Thank you for this. I love cats, especially black cats."

'I guess I learn something new about her once a damn month,' he thought.

"I'm not surprised," he said. "You seem like a cat person."

"I'm not sure how to take that," you giggled.

"As a compliment, I guess," Dabi said.

"You seem very," you paused. "Out of it? Like, not yourself," you pointed out. "What's on your mind?"

"What's your last name?" He said.

You chuckled. "Why do you ask that?"

"Just because," Dabi said. "I don't know much about you."

"That's a good thing," you joked. "Is that what was really troubling you?"

"No," Dabi said. "I was just thinking about the cat. She's calm."

"Yeah," you smiled and petted her. She opened her eyes and stretched on your lap. Dabi picked up a book and handed it to you.

"Why don't you read to us?"

"Sure," you smiled and opened the book.

_________________

You had fell asleep mid-page of your book. Your head laid on Dabi's shoulder, and Makeki snuggled between your thigh and his.

Dabi traced his fingers along the skin of your exposed thigh, over your arms, and your cheek. He loved the feeling of your smooth skin against his. He loved your natural smell with that hint of perfume and cocoa butter. Dabi just loved being close to you.

Suddenly, you jolted awake, your head shot up and you looked at Dabi with your eyes wide.

"Is something wrong?" Dabi said.

"I... fell asleep?" You muttered. 'I've never fallen asleep in front of anyone. I'm letting my guard down around him,' you thought.

"Yeah," Dabi said. "I was just going to let you sleep."

"I'm sorry, Master," you said. You stood up from your seat and smoothed down your skirt. "I'm gonna... go do something."

"Stay here and relax," Dabi said. "It's okay that you fell asleep."

You shook your head and walked away.

Dabi sighed and leaned back on the couch. Maneki climbed onto his lap and meowed at him. Dabi looked down at her and petted her head. "Do you think I scared her off?"

Maneki rubbed her head against his hand and purred. "I'll take that as a no," he chuckled.