SIXTEEN

You set a few pieces of paper on Shigaraki's desk.

"Why don't we create rehabilitation for the heroes?" You said. "So they can be productively be put back into society. I mean, I know it seems very idealistic, especially compared to my other ideas, but they were once heroes. Maybe, if they see how good the country is, they won't even want to fight you. Then, this rehabilitation center can be our way of helping put them back into society without any worry, especially the hero students. They were just kids, dragged into a war they had no business being in."

"That seems risky," Compress said.

"Yeah," Spinner said. "Even the students were dangerous. We can't just have them walking the streets, then we could really have a big problem on our hands."

"But, what about the kids?" You said. "The hero students are what? 14-18, imprisoned because they fought in a war because they were told to. They had no right being put in danger, I think they deserve a chance at a normal life."

"You seem very passionate about this," Shigaraki said. "You don't usually speak this way."

"It seems like idealistic bullshit," Spinner said. "It's way too merciful and risky. For all we know, the heroes will band together and start another war against us."

"Obviously, we can't just open Tartarus and let them free. For the adults, we can handle that in a different matter another time. I just think we should get those kids out of prison. Get them to finish their education and be productive members of society. We can't just leave them there," you said. "Lord Tomura, I ask that you please consider this."

"It could work if the heroes eventually learn to cooperate," Toga said. "But, people like that Bakugo kid are too dangerous to allow to even walk around freely in Tartarus. Their quirks are too destructive and-"

"Then, we'll find a way to stop them from using their quirks. I just think those kids deserve a shot at a normal life, and maybe some therapy," you said.

Shigaraki nodded. "I'll look into it. I need to prove to the ex-heroes, and the citizens, that our past doesn't define us. We're not tyrants or bad people, we just want a fair system."

"Then, this could be your next step," you said. "I'm just making this up on the spot, but if we could get one or two influential ex-heroes, like Izuku Midoriya, to go along with us, then the others will follow along."

"That'll only work if he wants to help us," Spinner said. "Last I checked, he hated us."

"Izuku and Ochako," Toga said dreamily.

"Well, he doesn't dislike ___," Compress said. "Besides, 'heroes'," he air quoted. "Should want what's best for the people, not keep some petty grudge. I could see it working, but the probability is very low."

"Everyone should start coming up with ideas on how this would run," Shigaraki said. "And, Toga can plan the hypothetical  budget to see if it's even possible,"

You smiled. "Thank you."

"To repay me, you can become my right hand, so to speak," Shigaraki said. "Second in command, I guess. You'll stay by my side and work with us."

"I couldn't," you said. "That's a too generous offer, Lord Tomura."

"I insist," he said.

"Then, I'll have to politely decline," you said. "Master Dabi would probably starve without me." You giggled. "I can't just leave him."

_________________________

You sat on a chair, reading a book as Dabi lifted weights. For some reason, he wanted you to 'sit there and look pretty while he worked out.

'Maybe he just wanted the company,' you initially thought.

Now, you were second-guessing his intentions, hell, you were even questioning yours. You had completely forgotten about the book you were reading. Instead, your eyes were focused on him. Your eyes faked over his whole form. The way his slightly sweaty body seemed to glisten, the way his piercing blue eyes focused on the weight in his hand, his white hair that clung to his forehead and the back of his neck, everything about this seemed like an excerpt from some smutty romance novel.

"Something caught your eye, doll?" He said in a husky voice.

Your mouth went dry. 'Doll?' you thought.

You stood up from your seat and frantically shook your head, your face turned beet red. "N-No!" You stuttered. "How about I get you some water?"

Dabi stood up and walked over to you. You backed away from him until your back hit the wall. Dabi caged you between his arms and leaned down to your height. Your face was burning at this point, and the intensity of the moment made you feel suffocated.

"What do you say to marrying me?" Dabi said.

Your eyes widened in shock, and tears accumulated at your waterline. Your first instinct was to scream, so you did. You literally panicked, accidentally using your quirk to send Dabi flying across the room. His back slammed against the wall, and you ran away.

Dabi rubbed his head and looked at the spot where you previously stood.