Biting

Request; no
Who; all of them lol
Type; mainly fluff w/ some angst
Summary; when they were little, Donnie chewed on whatever he could; his fingers, arms, hoodie strings, anything. It was mainly because of sensory things, but also because it calmed him down when stressed. He stopped bitting other objects, and stuck to chewing on his fingers/the inside of his mouth, until he just dealt with stress in different ways and stopped biting completely. Now, in their teens years after a pretty mean battle, he unconsciously falls to old habbits.

Warnings; biting/chewing I guess? Also mild panic attack, and talks of blood

~~~~~~

Donnie chewed on his fingers nervously, as his eyes bounced between the toaster oven and his door. At this time, he still shared a room with his brothers, they were still quite young, maybe around 8 years old. Raphael and Michaelangelo went to distract their father, and Leonardo stayed with Donatello, watching him nervously pace around their room, continuously biting his fingertips.

"Don, its okay! I dont think he'll be mad!" Leo tried talking some sense into his twin brother. Donnie was a smart kid, that was evident just by looking at him, that being said he got curious on the interior of the toaster and took it apart. He wanted to know how it worked. As his mind ran a million miles an hour, he started tasting that metallic bitter flavor spread over his tastebuds.

He panicked, staring at the taken apart toaster. He didnt exactly think it all the way through, the kid didnt think about having to put it back together. All he knew was his father asked where the toaster was, it was taken apart, and if he came clean he would surely get in trouble. His fingers were raw and lightly bleeding at this point, as Donatellos nerves got worse and worse. He could feel the tears behind his eyes, threatening to spill if the wrong thought pops up. Or if the consequences come. Whichever happens first.

"Don! Donnie stop that!" The red-eared slider spoke as he moved to his twin, pulling his hands away to stop Donnie from chewing on himself more. They made silent eye contact for a moment, tears threatening to overflow for Donnie. His lip quivered as his chest rose and fell quickly. He only held the eye contact for a brief moment, before his eyes darted away.

"He wont be mad.. Its okay.." Leo spoke softly. And there were the tears. The flood gates opened and the warm salty tears flowed down his face, like a river flowing steadily over stone. Leo gave his twin a hug. After a moment, Leo moved Donnie to sit down on his bed. Leonardo said to hold on, as he ran to get bandages.

After a minute or two, he came back with colorful bandaids with small designs on them. He placed the bandaids on the others fingertips, and gave a smile to his brother.

Even as a kid, Leo was pretty selfless. He cared about everyone elses feelings, coping methods, and habbits more than his own. He got the bright idea to offer his wrist. He didnt care if itll hurt, but if biting helps him calm down than its worth it. His brothers comfortability is more important.

"Thatll hurt!"

"So?"

"So Im not biting you."

"Its better than biting yourself."

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

The two 'bickered,' smiling a bit at each other trying not to laugh. Eventually, Donnie started biting the inside of his mouth. His tounge, cheeks, whatever. Leo just held out his wrist. Donnie hesitated. Then a quiet knock came from the door, startling them both, Donnie more than Leo. Donnie practically flew into his brothers arms, hugging in pure fear. Donatello turned to face the door so they were both facing the same way.