T H R E E

T H R E E

And every time I think the plan is aligning
You still so close yet so far
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They had been travelling for two days now, already passing by the Trident and with the burned castle of Harrenhal just behind their backs. Daella, who had never travelled beyond the Vale, kept on looking over her shoulder at the scorned stones, a fierce reminder to anyone who dared to glorify themselves above those with dragons. Letting out a bored sigh, she turned back to focus on the road in front of them. 

After the first day had passed without any halts and troubles, Daella had managed to get ser Elseham so far to agree to her riding next to him on the bench, instead of inside the carriage. Mycelli's anxious fidgeting, complete silence and flickering eyes had started to annoy Daella, and besides, there were no windows in the carriage so there was no seeing the grasslands they travelled. 

"Remind me again why we did not travel to Gull Town to get on a ship there?" Daella asked ser Elseham, raising her eyebrows at him. Though she enjoyed looking at the castles and villages they passed, the feeling of the wooden splinters in her behind was starting to bore her and with the pace they were going now, it would take another two days to arrive at Duskendale, from where they would have to get on a ship anyway. "Or rode the horses ourselves? I know there aren't many horses in the Eyrie, but I am sure I would have managed."

"Mycelli cannot ride a horse," ser Elseham replied curtly. It was obvious that the lack of sleep from the past couple of days was slowly getting to him, for the colour of his skin was pale except for the dark rings underneath his blue eyes. Even his brown curls were messy, while Daella had always noted that he was taking vain care of them. "And the port at Duskendale is smaller than Gull Town's, so that we might draw less attention to us."

"Do you not reckon that in Gull's Town we would go up in the crowd more easily and why is Mycelli travelling with us at all?" Daella asked seriously, turning her head to look at ser Elseham. Upon seeing his face, which resembled the sky during a thunderstorm, she quickly shut her mouth and returned her gaze to Harrenhal. The wind tugged at her ushanka and just to be on the safe side, she pulled it down further, her eyes falling on a group of riders appearing from the castle's ports. "Ser Elseham, there are riders coming from Harrenhal, about a league away."

"I am certain it is just a hunting party, princess" ser Elseham replied, not even bothering to look over his shoulder. "And besides, we are only poor servants of Lady Jeyne, bringing part of the harvest to her cousin in Duskendale."

Daella frowned at the knight, but upon seeing the slight smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth, she rolled her eyes and gave him a short nudge. She much preferred ser Elseham in a cheery mood than the gloomy one he had previously been in, even if the means were a mockery of her birth. "Have patience till I have arrived at Dragonstone, good ser," Daella said in a haughty tone. "There, you will have to bow your head every time you see me and I will make sure to walk past you many a time unnecessarily."