F I F T Y - E I G H T

Must've been a deadly kiss
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella sat in her solar in silence, leaving through the pages of the History of the City Watch, a volume that was still being added to, when her eyes fell on a passage written on Daemon Targaryen. He had served as Commander of the City Watch for two years, after which ser Cole had assumed the position, with as many as two thousand men under his leadership. During his time as Commander, the crime rates had apparently dropped dramatically, a fact the author of the volume attributed to the cruel punishments Prince Daemon handed out to thieves and cutpurses. It was also under Daemon's leadership that the members of the City Watch received their golden cloaks, a name that had stuck afterwards. 

"Ser Golding," Daella called out absentmindedly, her eyes still lingering on the lines. When she heard the doors to her solar open and ser Golding enter, she looked up with a smile on her face. "Do you think you would be able to provide me with a list of current members of the City Watch who have served the Watch for twenty years or more without reaching out to ser Cole?"

"It should not be a problem, Your Grace," ser Golding said, inclining his head once more. "I will see to it at once."

Daella's smile grew and closing the thick volume with a loud thud, she rose from her chair. Her fingers clenched the metal crown of Visenya and she placed it upon her head carefully before leaving her solar. Taking a deep breath, she made her way to the Godswood in complete silence other than the sound of metal clinking from the knights surrounding her, her hands folded over her baby bump.

After her return from the Riverlands and the War Council that had been held, it had taken Lord Tyland Lannister's men a week's time to assemble and another two to reach Nunn's Deep, from where they would take Riverrun once Daemon had ordered his troops and his new allies to fall back to Harrenhal. Aemond had left at the same time for the Vale on dragon back to help Lady Jeyne with the plans of attack. It would take the knights of the Vale and all those sworn to House Arryn at least three weeks to gather at the Eyrie, from where the march onto Harrenhal would be another two. Though Daella knew that Aemond was still at the Eyrie, preparing for the journey to Harrenhal, she could not help but worry for her husband's safety in the battle that was soon to happen. 

With the plans changing to the Lannisters attacking Riverrun under the guidance of Princess Rhaenys on Meleys at the same time as the Vale taking Harrenhal under King Aemond's lead on the ancient Vhagar, Daemon and Jacaerys would have to split themselves up. The hopes of both of them residing at Stone Hedge were great, as it would take both at least an hour to arrive at the designated castles, precious time in which the battle could be finished already. Daella knew Aemond prayed that Jacaerys would fly to Harrenhal, that he would take the bait Daella had thrown out all those weeks ago on Dragonstone, just as she knew that her husband would not hesitate to kill Jacaerys simply for the act of trying to burn her.