T W E N T Y - S E V E N

T W E N T Y - S E V E N

This is the end of us
Sleeping with the moon and the stars
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

There was a problem and like most problems which arose in the Red Keep, it was thanks to Aegon. Now, however, it was for the first time caused by a lack of Aegon. Daella thought it all exceptionally funny, when the Hand and the Queen rushed into Helaena's room with the question as to where her husband was, even though the Queen had been there before and Aegon hadn't been there then either. 

"You can check underneath the sheets, if you like," Helaena replied in her usual unbothered fashion, barely lifting her eyes from her stitchwork. 

Daella, who was seated on the opposite side of the sofa with her legs curled underneath her and a book about Jaehaerys' reign in her hands, looked up for just the shortest of moments, enjoying the look of distress on Otto Hightower's face before she returned her attention to the book. The Hand stormed away and she thought about how a coronation without a person available to coronate might go. 

"Mother," Aemond suddenly said, rising from his chair. He too had been reading for most of the night, the three of them simply passing time in silence. "Let me and Daella find him. We know the streets of Kingslanding just as good as anyone, if not better, and he is my brother besides. I know the places he enjoys going."

"No," the Queen immediately replied, shaking her head in one fierce movement. "It is too dangerous, especially for the young princess."

Interested, Daella's eyes flickered from Queen Alicent to Aemond and closing her book, she went to stand up from the sofa. Though she had absolutely no idea where to search for Aegon and felt even less desire to visit another brothel with Aemond, she still couldn't wait to get out of the room. The silent waiting was getting to her and in an attempt to convince the Queen, she offered the mourning woman an assuring smile. "I will be fine, Your Grace."

"Rest assured, mother, we will bring him back," Aemond said. He walked in front of his mother, grabbed her arms in reassurance and pressed a brief kiss to her forehead. Though Daella did not harbour much love for the Queen, she had to admit that her relationship with her youngest son was adorable. 

"Very well," the Queen said, giving a curt nod. "But at the first sign of danger, you both return."

Thus far, Daella had counted a grand total of at least twelve signs of danger and still, she and Aemond were walking the streets of Kingslanding in their matching hoodies. She leaned against the wall of their second stop, already bored before Aemond had managed to slam the knocker to the door, and heaved a big sigh. Daella looked over her shoulder, her eyes gliding over the scarcely clothed women lining the Street of Silk, before she returned her gaze to Aemond. "You sure do know your addresses," she said, a slight smirk coming to her face. Aemond's eye flickered in her direction, his mouth twisted away in a grimace, and she hid her chuckle behind her hand. "It was merely a jest, my love."