F O U R T Y - T W O

A/N: credits to the gif below go to the lovely @spookyhokaah (((: <333

F O U R T Y - T W O

F O U R T Y - T W O

Our hands were tangled in the weeds
Moving so softly nobody can see

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella arrived back at Kingslanding just in time for her own coronation, with the Dragonpit already overflowing with the number of people trying to attend the ascension of the first-ever Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She was riding on top of Cannibal, with Vermithor and Silverwing flying beside her, the three of them forming a very wide line, and as soon as she ordered the monster to start his slow descent, she could hear the excited exclamations of the people below her.

"Umbās, Cannibal," Daella ordered firmly, giving the smallfolk below her the chance to duck out of the way before they would be trampled by her newest dragon. Much to her surprise, the black dragon followed her orders without a moment's hesitation, hanging in the air almost soundlessly, before landing on the ground with a loud thud. Two matching sounds followed and Daella did not have to look over her shoulder to know that Vermithor and Silverwing would pursue the Cannibal into the Dragonpit.

Her blue eyes flickered shortly to her burnt hand and she grimaced at the charred-looking skin surrounding the white wound. The pain had stopped rather quickly after the initial fire had touched her, something which Daella was awfully grateful for, but which she did not deem as a good sign. Even though she was on top of Cannibal, who was only just able to fit through the doors of the Dragonpit, she still hid her hand in the sleeve of her dress.

Raising her gaze again, she caught sight of the dais Cannibal was walking towards and the people standing on top of it. The High Septon was standing to the back, right next to the Hand and the Dowager Queen Alicent, wearing matching expressions of shock, but Daella could not bring herself to look at them long. Drawn to him like an alcoholic to liquor, she focused her attention on her husband. He was standing in the middle of the dais, wearing the Conqueror's crown and radiating the authority befitting a king.

Just as they reached the dais, the three dragons inside the Dragonpit and all the commonfolk watching in complete silence, the Cannibal lowered his neck flat to the ground and more gracefully than she had thought possible, Daella climbed off his back and placed her feet back on solid ground again. Immediately, ten knights formed a tight circle around her, kicking and elbowing every commoner who did not step aside within a breath's moment. With them came three servant girls, each of them holding an item of clothing. While one fastened a black and golden cloak over her shoulders, another placed a headpiece of similar colours on Daella's head and the last hastily slipped in some golden earrings and placed a heavy chain with seven metals around Daella's neck, each of them representing the most important house of the former seven Kingdoms. All of it took less than half a minute, and soon the small procession walked at a brisk pace to the dais.