CHAPTER 51

H         A         R         O         L        D

I placed a flower on my mother's grave and sat there staring at my mother's tomb.

I'll never let you down mom..

You will always shine like a bright star..

I stood up and marched towards my car and inside the passenger seat.
This morning I reached Hawaii from Washington and I was a little tired after the continous meeting I had to handle.

"Where to go king?" Mr Clark, my driver asked.

"SDC!!"

He gave me a single nod and started driving and after half an hour of peaceful drive I reached my office. I looked up at the skyscrapers and a small smile touched my lips.

I walked inside and all my employees greeted me and in return I could only give them a nod.

Eventually I reached my cabin and I removed my coat before placing it on the chair. I looked down from my cabin through the glass wall, at the sea, my mother's favorite place and there are way more than many memories attached to this place. The water was gushing up at the seashore reminding me of some of my beautiful memories fixed with this place.

My phone vibrated as I checked the called ID, it was Dylan.
"Yes, Dylan.?" I answered the call.

"I'm leaving for the committee within an hour." He said.

"Yeah and check the medical reports of the recent brought girls."

"Yes. On it king." He responded.

"I have some work, so I'll talk to you later." I said but suddenly he responded.

"Wait!! Naomi wants to talk to you."

I frowned in puzzlement.

Why does Miss Nolan wants to talk to me?

Maybe she wants to annoy me with her ramblings.

"Hello?" Came her voice.

"What is it you wanted to talk?" I asked.

"Um... nothing."

As expected she wanted to annoy me.

"Then why did you ask Dylan for the phone when he was talking to me?" I asked with a severe voice.
But there was no response from her for a good two minutes. So I finally decided to annoy her as she always does that to me.
"Having good time with Dylan, huh?" I can also imagine her face getting red out of anger.
"But remember, he's engaged so don't..." and immediately I was interrupted.

"Oh shut up!!!" She bursted as I smiled.
"Don't you dare Harold." She warned as I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Or what.." I stopped short as she disconnected the call.

I stared at my phone screen in amusement and I don't know what made me laugh again, maybe her childish behavior.

I really pity her, poor girl witnessed an unwanted murder and now she's suffering the consequences without any fault.