CHAPTER 88

N    A    O     M     I

NADIA HELEN KINGSTON,

A daughter and a sister.
A caring, kind, thoughtful, and wonderful girl who died young..

May her soul rest in peace.

I placed a flower on her grave and again, glanced back at the smooth polished headstone, and again, I couldn't help but let the tears freely fall from my eyes. It's so hard to believe that she's no longer with us. I know, I'll forever be in the misery of eternity.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you, my girl.

My heart throbbed in such a pain that it was impossible to even survive. As I close my eyes, I see all those horrific scenes that happened to my Nadia.

I glance up at the graveyard. A place which I hate to visit. A place which is circled within wrought iron fences and gates. A place where we can only hear mourners crying and sniffling. We can smell tears of hundreds of years in these freshly cut grass. A place where graves cry when it is vandalized. And I can't believe that I'm gonna let my Nadia live in this place alone, forever.

Sometimes she's scared of darkness and she used to come to my room to sleep. But today, she's inside her coffin, digged several feet under the ground, all alone. She'll spend her night with darkness lurking her, and again, she's all alone. There's no one to protect her inside. She'll be on herself.

A soft gasp escaped my lips as it was getting hard for me to breathe. I don't wanna leave this place without Nadia, but it is impossible to get her back in my arms.

I never thought that life could be this cruel. It took my Nadia away from me. Life has always been hard on everyone, everyone looses the person they love, but what Nadia got was cruel. She never deserved such painful things in her life.

I wiped my tears and spun around. I saw Harold gazing at the grave with his broken eyes. We both were broken beyond repair, but this is what it is.

Nothing in this world can get my Nadia back..

...................

I had locked myself inside Nadia's room. All her things were placed neatly on its place. Her rose gold small guitar hanging on the wall, a huge photo frame of hers with the guitar hanging on the wall. I had her photo pressed onto my chest as all I could do was cry and reminisce about her.

All the past things came crashing down on me as terror filled me. I shuddered as all the painful images came flashing down on my head. Her, being shot by a bullet. Her, getting burnt with a flaming rod. Her, being assaulted by those tyrant animals.

I closed my eyes and threw my head back against the door.

'Here's the deal.' Ron said.
'Just give me those girls, and I'll give your daughter back.'

Harold hesitated to give a reply.

"Just agree!" I whispered.

Yet he was hesitant..

I snapped my eyes open.

Harold was hesitant. He didn't wanna give those girls to Ron. He agreed, but there was a certain hesitancy in him. He actually planned it all along. He was informed to come alone, yet he chose to oppose Ron's demand, and he secretly hijacked his place.

If he would just listen to Ron, Nadia would have been with us. She would have actually been with us... playing around with Hayden and Hazel. But Harold chose to disagree. He kept me blank without informing me about Nadia's whereabouts. He took me as a futile.

Harold is in partial blame for Nadia's death along with that committee and those girls.

He could have agreed and given those  girls to Ron. But he wanted to be great....

My breath hitched as I realized everything.

How could he??..

I stood up from the floor and sauntered out of the room. With the frame in my hand, I walked down the corridor and then to my room. Daria was with the twins, cradling them to sleep. As her eyes looked up, her eyes turned sympathetic, and little moisture was coated in them. But before she could give me any of her condolences or sympathetic speech, I spoke up.
"I need some time with them." I stated, looking away from her.

"Okay!" She whispered quietly and walked past me and closed the door behind her.

I took a small bag from the cupboard and packed some of the clothes for twins and other requirements. I sealed the zip and took a pram from beside the bed. I carried the twins one by one before placing them inside the pram.

I wiped my tears and dragged the pram out of the door.

I can't stay here anymore.This place is like a living hell to me. I know misery is for eternity, but this place is just driving me nuts... I'm just not in the right state of my mind. I'll go insane if I stay here any longer. So it's better this way.

I reached the corridor and walked straight towards the main door. But before I could step out..

"Naomi!!!" I heard Gwen's voice as I halted in my track.

Dylan, Gwen, and Harold were inside the lounge. Dylan and Gwen were here to soothe Harold.

I could hear footsteps approaching me from behind, but I did not dare to turn around. I swallowed the lump as I heard Harold's soft voice.

"Naomi?" He stood in front of me, perplexed as his eyes landed on the pram and the small bag.

I glared at him maliciously as all his doing came flashing in front of my eyes.

"Where are.. you.. going?" He stuttered and took a step forward towards me.

I took a step back immediately with a grimace.
"Why should I tell you?" I kept my voice calm, but there was so much hatred in it.

Hate was the only thing left now..

_____________________