Chapter 5

how to get to know someone other than with notes... so romantic

"Oh... my... Lord..." Jennie choked out, nearly tripping over nothing and almost sending her and the two plastic glasses of water she was carrying into the dirt.

Lisa was unloading feed in that damn cut-off and those damn low-slung jeans and it wasn't fair.

It wasn't fair because they'd agreed on friendly, not on... friendlier. It wasn't fair because Jennie was having trouble not focusing on the way Lisa's arm muscles flexed as she tossed the last bag of feed out of the back of the truck.

"You okay, Jen?" Lisa asked, letting go of the bag of feed and pulling her shirt up to wipe at her forehead.

"Huh?" Jennie asked dumbly, completely slack-jawed at the tanned skin revealed by Lisa lifting her shirt up.

"You look a little thirsty," Lisa smirked, stepping away from the shed and toward Jennie.

"I what?" Jennie wondered, still not processing the words leaving Lisa's lips.

"You look thirsty," she repeated, reaching out and pushing Jennie's hair over her shoulder.

"Right... hence the water," Jennie replied, her eyes fluttering shut at the feeling of Lisa's fingertips catching on her shoulder.

"Yeah, water or..." Lisa hummed, wetting her bottom lip with her tongue.

"Or?" Jennie parroted, her eyes flying open, a familiar warmth coiling in her stomach.

Without another word, Lisa surged forward and took Jennie's bottom lip between her own.

Jennie sighed into the kiss, the plastic glasses falling to the ground and her arms winding around Lisa's neck, keeping her close.

"I want you," Lisa husked, her hands moving quickly over Jennie's body.

Jennie groaned, walking them back and pushing Lisa up against the passenger's side door. She snaked her hands under the hem of the cut-off and explored, enjoying the way the muscles of Lisa's stomach jumped beneath her touch.

"I've wanted you like this for- for so long," Jennie hummed, nipping at Lisa's bottom lip.

"I know," Lisa husked, sliding her own hands under Jennie's shirt. "Take me."

"Here?" Jennie asked, pulling back to double-check, the hoarsely-whispered words causing heat to shoot straight between her legs.

"Yeah," Lisa nodded. "Wherever you want. Just take me."

Jennie wasn't going to deny Lisa anything, least of all something like that. She pulled off Lisa's cut-off shirt and moved her lips down the column of her throat, sucking gently as her hands slid into the back pockets of her jeans, encouraging Lisa to rock against her thigh.

But even if Lisa had asked Jennie to take her, she didn't seem intent on being taken.

Lisa pulled Jennie's shirt off and already had her fingers working at the button of her jean shorts, moving her hands in the waistband of the shorts as soon as the zipper was down.

"Oh fuck," Jennie whispered hoarsely, her eyes slamming shut and her hands gripping tightly onto Lisa's waist.

"That okay?" Lisa rasped, moving the jean shorts down Jennie's legs.

"Yes, Lisa. Yes," Jennie replied breathily.

Lisa had her hands on the back of her legs within seconds, lifting her up and carrying her to the now-empty bed of the truck. She set her on the very end of the truck bed, tucking her fingers in the waistband of Jennie's underwear and waiting for the green light.