Chapter 10

Lisa pressed a line of kisses along Jennie's spine just like she had almost every morning for the past three weeks. It didn't matter if they fell into bed, chests heaving and clothes forgotten on the floor or if they crashed onto the mattress in their pajamas, exhausted and reaching for one another. They'd quickly realized that the best sleep they got was in one another's arms.

When Jennie still didn't squirm, Lisa trailed her nose up her back between her shoulder blades. She pushed Jennie's hair to the side and placed light kisses on the back of her neck, knowing that she was exceptionally sensitive there.

"You're distracting me from sleep," Jennie sighed, her voice sleepy and hoarse like it always was in the mornings.

"I'll make it up to you with a cup of coffee and some breakfast," Lisa whispered against her skin.

Jennie slowly rolled over, giving Lisa the chance to adjust and hover over her. She gazed up at Lisa, still blinking the sleep from her eyes as she lifted a hand and cradled Lisa's cheek.

"You really like waking me up before the alarm," Jennie murmured, running her thumb under Lisa's eye with a sleepy half-smile.

"I like getting time with you in the morning," Lisa admitted softly, keeping close to Jennie and the warmth she radiated under the bedsheets.

"I like it too, even if I pretend like I don't," Jennie smiled, the last vestiges of sleep leaving her.

"Plus, hopefully, I'm less jarring than the alarm," Lisa hummed, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

Jennie hummed and wrapped her arm around Lisa's waist, keeping the woman pressed against her.

"Let's just stay in bed today," Jennie whispered.

"God, I wish," Lisa sighed. She rested her body on her elbows and brushed her hands over Jennie's forehead and her hair.

"What if I ask really nicely and pout just a little? Would that help?" Jennie asked, her smile growing.

"I think you could convince me. I'm not so sure about your sister or the hungry animals," Lisa murmured, dropping a kiss between Jennie's eyebrows.

Jennie sighed and tucked her face into the crook of Lisa's neck, keeping them close for just a few more moments.

"Wyoming is cold," Jennie grumbled, tugging the sheets and pulling them higher up Lisa's back, keeping them both covered.

"You can steal my robe," Lisa laughed. "Or a sweatshirt."

"I think I'll steal your green cable knit sweater today," Jennie murmured, kissing her way up Lisa's neck.

"Making your way through my closet," Lisa mumbled with a completely dopey smile on her face.

"You love it," Jennie chuckled, nipping gently at the sensitive spot near the corner of Lisa's jaw.

"I do," Lisa hummed, her body pressing a little more fully into Jennie's. "Are you trying to make me late to work?"

"The animals will forgive you," Jennie replied, letting her hands wander a little.

"You're absolutely right," Lisa said with a smirk. She wrapped an arm around Jennie's waist, moving her arm between the girl and the mattress. And then she rolled, pulling Jennie with her so that she was lying on top of her.

"Another win for team rebellious," Jennie grinned, leaning down to capture Lisa's lips in a needy kiss, her knees bracketing her hips and her hands gently cradling Lisa's cheeks.

"Thief!" Lisa laughed as soon as Jennie came out of her bedroom to join her for breakfast.