Chapter 16

save a horse, ride a cowgirl. right? ;)

The Gayng was back in town celebrating Rosé's birthday, and while that was very exciting, it was another distraction, another thing added to an already busy schedule that was keeping both Jennie and Lisa running around the property.

The weather was finally warmer, and instead of shower sex, they were taking clients on guided meditation walks and trail rides. And Lisa couldn't really complain. Business was booming, which made the Ruby sisters happy. It also meant that Lisa's tips for trail rides and helping with luggage or anything else she was needed for were often large.

There were positives. There were definitely positives.

It just also meant that there were negatives, the largest of which was being horny all the time.

Lisa couldn't count the number of times she and Jennie had only been able to squeeze in something quickly during a lunch break, finding little time or space to just be together. And often that time was spent in Lisa's car somewhere where Channing couldn't find them and ask for something else to be done.

At night, they were too exhausted, usually dropping into bed and sometimes getting out an 'I love you' before sleep hit full force, knocking them out until the alarm woke them up for another day.

What she'd decided was drastic, maybe. It was embarrassing, possibly. But Lisa wanted to surprise Jennie. She wanted to turn her on and make her smile and maybe spice things up a little.

So, Lisa situated the strap on her hips and pulled her briefs over it. She'd purchased this one as a joke after Jennie had talked about something sparkly and pink. And now, tugging her jeans on over the briefs and tightening her belt, she felt partially ridiculous and partially really turned on.

She just hoped Jennie would like it.

Lisa let Duke out one last time before feeding him dinner and getting in her truck, intent on finding Jennie at one of the cabins and offering to drive her to the restaurant that Rosé had picked out for dinner and drinks.

She found Jennie at Cabin 4, serving guests complimentary coffee, milk, and homemade cookies before saying goodnight for the day. Lisa parked the car and got out to watch, unable to stop the smile that grew as she watched the woman she loved most interact with a little kid who was on vacation with his parents.

"And here's the trick, you break the cookie in half," Jennie instructed, crouched down in front of the young boy in cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. She watched as he took the offered cup of milk and the cookie from the tray, "and then you dunk it in the milk. Makes it super-duper yummy. I think I heard that peanut butter chocolate chip's your favorite, right?"

"Yes, Ms. Jennie," the little boy nodded.

"Guess what cookies I'll bring around tomorrow night then?" Jennie asked with a smile.

The little boy could only stare wide-eyed at this incredibly nice provider of cookies. With half of a chocolate chip cookie in his mouth, he told his mom exactly what Jennie had just said, making all of the adults chuckle softly.

"See you all in the morning," she offered, standing up with her now empty tray.

"Thank you, Jennie," the boy's mother said as she lifted her son into her arms.

"Bye-bye, Ms. Jennie."

"Bye, kiddo!" She said, wiggling her pointer finger in goodbye before turning around and walking down the steps of Cabin 4.

When she looked up and saw a familiar truck and an even more familiar woman leaning against it, Jennie softened and all but skipped over to where Lisa was waiting for her.