Chapter 3

Heading over to the diner with Angelica, I see the same guy from the coffee shop, and he has what looks like his friend with him. That was the second time I have seen that guy. Is he following me? Does he know my dad? Is he going to take me back to him? I can feel the panic rising inside of me. I take a deep breath and look through the menu. He probably doesn't even know me, and here I am freaking out about it. My father doesn't know where I am, I think I went far enough this time.
"Do you know what you are getting yet?" asked Angelica, looking up from her menu at me.
I shake my head, "I've never been here, do you know what they have that's good?" I ask, I smile as I look up.
She smiled even bigger seeing that I didn't stutter while talking to her and keeping eye contact, "I love their burgers. They are so good." She says. I nod my head. "I think I'm going to get the number 2 that one is so with a diet coke." I smile at her.
"I'll get the same thing then." She was about to say something when the waiter comes over.
I look down at the menu so that I don't make contact with him. "Hi, my name is Jonah, what can I get for you ladies?"
Angelica looks up at him and smiles, "Can we get the number 2 with a diet coke to drink?"
He nods and writes it down and leaves. I look around the diner and make sure that there isn't anyone new there since the last time I checked. "Did you see that hot guy that kept looking at you when we came in?" Angelica said with excitement. I blushed ten shades of red and looked down.
I shook my head, "I am pretty sure he was looking at you." I said with a small laugh.
"No way, he was totally looking at you. Do you know him?" She asked. I shook my head again in a no. Thank god that the waiter decided to come and set the food in front of us. We started eating and talking. I got to know her more, her favorite color is purple, she loves going outdoors, she has a younger sister that is in high school, and she wants to go into fashion. I told her a little bit about myself, I didn't dare tell her where I came from and what happened to me. By the way I was telling her things she could tell that I didn't want to talk about family, so she stayed off that topic, I was grateful for that.
We leave the dinner around 7, I didn't notice how long we talked, but I had a lot of fun for the first time ever. I waved bye to her and headed home. It was a really pretty sunset tonight, I breathed in a deep breath and picked up my pace. Not that I don't trust the night, but I don't want to be out late. I got home 15 minutes later.
I started the shower and while it was warming up, I got undressed and took my hair out of its bun. Hopping into the soothing water, I let it run down my back and thought back to the blue-green eyed and black haired guy I saw earlier. I shook my head and started washing my hair with my berry shampoo and conditioner and berry body wash. As soon as I was done, I grabbed my fluffy towel and dried off. I put my hair in a french braid and pulled my pajamas on. Grabbing the book off my nightstand, I lay in bed and started reading. I had about an hour before I needed to go to sleep.
Halfway through my reading, I could feel my eyes getting tired, I bookmarked my book and laid down. Tonight, I really didn't want to have a nightmare.
My father came storming into my room and banged my door open, "You are so worthless, I wish you were never born. I don't even know why you are still here. I hate you!" He screamed at me. Then grabbed me by my hair and dragged me out of bed.
"Please, dad, don't hurt me." I whimpered.
"I told you to never call me that, I am not your father and I will never be one either." He said to me in the coldest tone.
"I'm sorry." I said as he started to kick me in the ribs and on my legs.

I sat up in bed with a huge intake of breath, I grabbed my phone and saw that it was 2 a.m. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I stayed up the rest of the night staring at the door like he could walk through at any second, I was going to hate tomorrow. After a few hours I get out of bed and start heading towards my bathroom to get ready for the day.