Chapter 5

I'm siting in the back and taking deep breaths, trying to keep the panic that keeps bubbling up down. I saw the same man I keep seeing come in to the coffee shop. I think I need to find a second job and that way I don't have to see him as often if I work different shifts here and there. I take one last deep breath and head back out to the front. I don't want to seem like i'm not doing my job. I walk back out and see that he has left. I sigh in relief. I go back to making coffees as Angelica takes orders. By the time the morning rush is done I feel drained. I have been trying to keep my panic attacks down so that my body doesn't get as exhausted.

"You okay?" Angelica asks quietly like someone would hear us. I nod my head and send her a smile. I make both of us a cup of coffee too, we go sit down and take a break since we won't have anyone come in for another 30 minutes.

I look out the window, "I just keep seeing him everywhere and I am just jumpy. He is cute though, don't you think?" I ask her to lighten the mood. She laughs a light laugh.

"Yes, he is. He looks at you whenever you are are working. Do you know him?" she asks, I shake my head no.

"I don't think I have ever seen him. Although I would totally get to know him if I had the time and the energy." I smile into my coffee cup. Looking at the clock, the time has flown by and we get back to work.

"I'll take the register and you can make the coffee's." Angelica says with a smile. I nod my head and go and restalk everything that will need to be stalked. I hum to myself as I go to the coffee maker. I hear the bell ring and Angelica take the order. I make the coffee. The day continues like that.

After finally getting off the shift, I decide to take a walk and see what the little town has to offer. I don't often go out too scared to run into anyone that might know me or recognize me. I smile as I pass a book store. I will one day own one but today isn't the day. I keep walking till I see a flower shop with a hire sign.

I walk in and hear the bell above it ring. I smile at the scent of the shop. I remember when my mom used to plan flowers around the home. The front yard had more flowers than grass and the backyard wasn't much different.

"Hello, welcome to Holly's flower shop. How can I assist you?" The kind woman asks and smiles at me.

"Hi, my name is Bianca, I saw that you have a hiring sign, I wanted to know if I can apply?" I asked shyly and try to keep my eyes connected with hers. She smiles even bigger at me.

"Yes dear, I am looking for someone that can close the store for me, you would be working from 4 p.m to 10 p.m would you be okay with that?" She asks, the excitement in her eyes makes me just as excited, if not more.

"Yes, I would love that!" I say and nod my head enthusiastically. She smiled, we talked about my schedule and when I can start. Right before leaving the store, she handed me a sunflower, I smiled at her.

Sunflowers have always brought me happiness and brought me comfort. I want to grow them in a little patch of the garden, but I also know that they are really hard to handle and they spread like wildflowers do. I walked back home with the sunflower in my hand and a smile on my face.