Chapter 24 Angelica

I know I should've told Bryson about her and what happened. But I can't, it's her story and she will tell it. I can't stop bouncing my leg, the thought of something happening to her makes me want to cry. But I know I need to be strong. The letter that she wrote me sounded like a goodbye, one that I don't want to say, and I refuse to say.

We know where we are going, sort of. I have a picture of the cabin, she has only told me a few details, not enough for me to know where it is. All I know is that we had better make it in time. We have a small plan; the cops are supposed to meet us there. Apparently, Bryson has a lot of connections. My mind takes me through everything that she has gone through, and I wonder why someone that deserves doesn't go through but a sweet best friend of mine has to. She really is a ray of sunshine. She makes everyone around her comfortable. But she gets this, the scars on her body, the pain of everything that she has gone through and the worst of it all she will always know who did it.

"Do you know what the cabin looks like?" asked Bryson from the driver's seat. I can see the love he has for her. He might've not told me or anyone, but I can see it. It's the same love I have for my best friend. I haven't even been able to tell her that I broke up with my cheating ex and that I am pregnant. I know they wouldn't have let me come if they knew. I know that I can handle it and I know that I can't over stress.

I jump slightly in my seat, and clear my throat, "Yes, umm here it is." I hand it over to him. I try not to think about the fact that anything can happen while we are there. I don't even know if she is ok at this point. My tears ran silently down my face. I wipe them away and lean my head against the window. Jacob keeps looking back at me. He reaches back and grabs my hand; I hold on tightly not wanting him to let go. They keep talking up front, but I just can't get myself to keep up with the conversation. I don't even know how I'm going to get through this pregnancy. I don't want to tell her, but I know I need to and want to. She is after all my best friend. My parents passed away a couple years ago in a car accident. I don't have anyone but her. I know I can't rely on my ex. He doesn't even know I'm pregnant and I am going to keep it that way.

I sigh and sit in silence as we keep driving. Bryson'sphone rings, I look at him hoping it isn't anything bad. He answers the phone,I don't know what's being said but the speed of the car picks up. "One of mybuddies found the cabin."