Chapter 15

I look around in awe, the place looks beautiful, there are flowers everywhere, the little lanterns are spread around the whole backyard and the best part it looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale movie. I smile and look up at him, I give him a quick hug and step back, I don't want to do something that will make him upset.

"This looks beautiful, I love all the flowers everywhere." I say looking down shyly. He chuckles next to me, I look up at him, I haven't heard him do that before.

"I wanted to make this special for you." He says, "Dinner is ready if you are ready to eat." My stomach grumbles in response, I blush a deep red color and nod my head. He puts his hand out for me to take. I gently set mine in it. I don't mind his touch, after everything that he put me through, I didn't think I would ever want any man to touch me. But he has been nothing but gentle with me.

We walk over to the table that has a small candle burning with more forget-me-nots on the edge of the table. The trees surrounding us and keeping it private. I want to stay in this moment forever. He holds out the chair for me, and I sit down. He walks around the table and sits down across from me. I look around the whole backyard and see that he has a pool in his yard and what looks like a basketball court there as well. Wow, he must love having friends over.

We don't wait long before the food is brought out to us. I smile up at the older man that brought out the food.

"Thank you, Charles." Said Bryson. The chef bowed his head and walked back to where he came from. I look down at the amazing smell and see that he made some salmon with broccoli and a salad. I look up at him and smile.

"This looks amazing." I say and pick my fork to take a bite. The minute it hits my tongue, I can't help but let a small moan escape my lips. I blush and look down at the food. "Wow, he is an amazing cook! This is so good." I say to him and look up at him, my eyes shining with excitement for the rest of the food.

He clears his throat, "I'm glad that you like it, I wasn't sure if you would or not, your friend at the coffee shop said that you aren't allergic to anything." He said his face carrying a small smile, that doesn't last long.

I shake my head in confirmation, she isn't wrong I remember us talking about that earlier and I was wondering why she was asking about it. I wonder what else he asked her. "Do you play any sports?" I ask, while taking another bite of this amazing meal.

"I used to play basketball in college, I just do it for fun now, a couple of my friends come over and we do a little bit of a game." He says, I nod my head at him. "But they are annoying, and I don't like to do it often, plus I work a lot, so I don't always have time." He says, I giggle at him and continue eating my food.

"What do you like to do in your free time?" He asks, I want to say that I look for the next town that I will be running off, or always looking over my shoulder to make sure that I'm not being followed.

Instead, I say, "I read books, bake or cook for the week, spend my time outside or getting more flowers planted in my little in-home garden." I say and blush looking down, my apartment looks like someone threw up a garden in it. But the comfort that it brings me makes me happy and smile.

He nods his head in thought, "You can always come here if you want to plant more flowers and you run out of rooms, I have a small area that doesn't have any plants yet." He says to me. I look up to him in surprise. Food is long gone now, right after he says that the chef comes out with banana splits, my favorite. I'm guessing Angelica told him about this one too. I have a sweet tooth that sometimes gets the best of me.

"Are you sure?" I ask, "I don't want to get in your way or invade your personal space." I speak. Although I would love to come over and get my hands a little dirty and have more flowers bloom. Maybe even try my hand at vegetables, I won't even know if he would want that though. I don't want to overstep my welcome.

He nods his head, "Yes, I want you to do what you want with the area, I can provide anything you need since this is my garden that you will be working on, and I will make sure that no one touches it." He says, I still look at him, I don't know if he is making fun of me for the fact that I am a green thumb. But by the look in his eyes, I can see that he is serious about me coming over and touching his space.

I nod my head slowly, not 100% sure just yet. Giving him a smile, we continued talking about the little things that happened today. After we were done eating our dessert, we decided to take a walk around the property.

There was a lot there, he had everything. The grass was freshly cut I'm guessing yesterday. It looked amazing, the stars were bright tonight, and it was a full moon tonight. I look up at the sky, remembering this moment. I let out a big smile. Knowing my mom is out there looking down at me and proud.

My phone chimes and I look down to see a text from Angelica.

"Just wanted to know when will you be back? I forgot my wallet in your apartment." I let out a small giggle.

"I have to get going, but I had a wonderful night." I look over at Bryson. He's looking at me like I am looking at him, we both don't want this night to end but I really need to get home. We headed back to the front of his house where his car is parked.

"Thank you again for the amazing date. It was perfect." I say to him. He nods his head and gives me a small smile. I blush and look out the window as we drive back to my place. The drive doesn't take longer than 20 minutes and soon we are pulling up to my apartment.

"I'll walk you to the door." I hear from his side, I look over and my breath catches in my throat, he looks so handsome. How can anyone look this good? I nod my head once; he gets out of the car and before I can open my door, he opens it for me.

We head up to my apartment where I see a shadow, my heart picks up, that doesn't look like Angelica. I start shaking as I continue walking, I don't want him to see the fear that is pouring out of me.

............................................................................

I know this chapter is short but the next one will be longer, I promise. Please vote, comment and share! :) <3