chapter 12

Isabella's POV:

They didn't know anything about me or my background, so how could they talk about me in that way? I made a mental vow to change my name if I didn't have to pay for their insults.

As I walked away from the store, I had a terrible thought. What if I could profit from Victor's rage? If Victor found out that I had been insulted, he would most likely not spare Maximo. All I had to do was act upset and admit that I spoke Italian. It was a small price to pay.

Two hours later, I left the store with everything I needed for school, including a variety of supplies and outfits. I had paid for it all with my own funds, and my brothers were surprised to see how much cash I had.

"You shouldn't have done that. We would have paid for it," Romeo said.

"How do you have that much cash?" Giovanni asked.

In a condescending tone, I replied, "Dai, pensavi davvero che fossi una povera cagna orfana"("Oh, come on, you really thought that I was a poor orphan bitch.")

"You can speak Italian," Romeo apologetically remarks. I ignore him and continue walking.

He approaches the car, unlocks it, climbs inside, and slams the door shut. Maximo begins his car once everyone is in it.

I drift off and remember someone I saw in the mall. My gang adviser had without a doubt assigned a couple of our men to follow me so that I wouldn't be in any danger. When I get to my room, I make the decision to talk to her about it.

I kept silent for the remainder of the journey, and when we arrived at the front door, I rush inside my room, oblivious to Victor and Leonardo's curious stares as they chatted at the dining table.

As soon as I was done getting dressed, I went to open the door. Leonardo yells, "Maximo and Isabella D Angelo get down here the fucking minute.

With a sigh, I contemplate what just happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think happened?

as I said I love cliffhangers