Perfect Daughter

I must say, am enjoying the baby-making process a bit too much and I blame Leo. We have been having sex for twenty-one days straight and now, we are waiting to see if I will start my period which is supposed to start today or tomorrow and he has been blowing my phone the whole day asking if I feel it coming.

It made me laugh every time I saw the text to the point where Bella snatched my phone and started reading our texts. "What is she giggling about?", Victor asked trying to get to read my messages. We were in a meeting room waiting for a client who wanted to rent half of the hotel for his employees. They had just opened a branch close to where Luxe is and he wanted them to be surrounded by luxury.

"They're speaking the baby-making language", she said with a smile while returning my phone. Victor looked too excited worrying me a bit but I didn't say anything. "That's an invasion of privacy", I said making them roll their eyes just in time for a man who looked the same age as Leo walked in. I was too focused on him to see that he was not alone until he spoke.

"Hello my name is Grant Perry, this is my wife Janeth. Thank you for seeing us on such short notice", he said pulling the chair for my sister. I was in shock along with both Bella and Victor. We really thought that she was dating Cruz like we had a bet and all. "Janeth?", I asked and she smiled. "You two know each other?", he asked lovingly making my jaw reach the floor when I saw her nod and blush. What the hell! "She's Angel", she said and the dude's face lit up. "It's a pleasure meeting you Angel. I think you two have a lot of catching up to do. Let's get this done then we can have dinner. Will that be okay?", he asked with a huge smile and all I could do was nod.

"What was so urgent that you made me rush here? Did you start your period?", Leo asked embarrassing me in front of Janeth and her husband whom I had no idea existed. He noticed my hesitation and finally turned to see that I was not alone. "Oh, hey Janeth and ...", he trailed nervously making them laugh. "Am Grant. Her husband", Grant said standing up to shake Leo's hand. He sat next to me. "Am sorry baby", he said kissing my temple. "You haven't started though right?", he whispered making me smack his shoulder.

"Are you guys trying to get pregnant?", Janeth asked with amusement on her face. "Yes and am very excited", he answered in a rush making Grant smile. "I can tell", she replied making me roll my eyes. "Can we order please", I had to distract them with food. "Yes we should", Grant said helping me through the menu as Leo and Janeth continued to talk about his excitement. Turns out it was contagious because, by the end of it, Janet had the same mood.

"So that was it. I never thought I would see her again until a couple of months ago. I wasn't going to miss out on a chance to make her mine again", Grant said with a smile that could brighten tunnels. "And your parents?", I asked Janeth not missing a sad expression she had, no doubt caused by the fact that I called our parents hers. "We asked them for their blessing but they refused to respond so we decided to give them space. They came around when I went and helped them out off a debt they owed the man, they were going to marry Janeth off to", Grant said looking angry as if reliving the moment. "An arranged marriage? That's so... old", Leo said looking pissed too. "Yes, but it was the only way they could think of getting rid of the man. He was like seventy years old", Janeth said making me choke on my wine.

"Are they insane? Did they even think about you when they were making that deal?", I asked looking at her with shock. "Come on Angel, you know how Mum was. I was the perfect daughter and she made sure everyone knew that I was their pride and joy. The man didn't think twice about it. I was going to be a trophy wife he could show off", she said with distaste. "You know what? Am happy you got your happy ending. Grant, she is the only one I care about in this world so please take good care of her. She's my everything", I said holding out my hand, she grabbed it and squeezed lightly. "You don't have to worry about that. She is my everything too", he said making us all smile. We finished the desserts and went our separate ways.

"That was eventful. You didn't know she was married?", Leo asked when we were getting ready for bed. "I didn't. She just went MIA and I thought it was one of those 'Janeth disappearing' moments", I explained putting my head on his chest. "Waoh", he said the kissed my forehead. "But the guy looks okay, right? Should we send a PI after him? See what we can find?", he suggested.

A private investigator did cross my mind but something in my gut told me he was genuine. "No, I think Janeth will tell us if there is something wrong", I said closing my eyes. "Ok. So have you started your period?", he asked again making me smile. "Look, I know I annoy you but it's hard to focus. I mean, my reputation is on the line here", he said with a chuckle. "Am sorry I wasn't aware there was someone's reputation on the line", I asked pulling back to meet his eyes. "Well, there is. If my champions can't make a baby after all the sex we have been having it will be embarrassing to Victor and Cruz. We made a bet", he said with a smile. "You're all crazy human beings, am not even going to comment on what you just said", I replied and went back to putting my head on his chest. They were acting like children at this point. The vibration of his chest told me he was laughing, which made me laugh too.