Faith [3]

Phoenix watched Dean skeptically as he sat on the hospital bed. "So, you feel okay?"

"I feel fine, Phoe," Dean muttered.

Phoenix and Sam perked up when the Doctor walked back into the room.

"Well, according to all your tests," The Doctor looked over the chart, "there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble. But, uh. Still, it's strange...it does happen,"

"What do you mean, 'strange'?" Dean asked.

"Just yesterday, a young guy like you...27, athletic...out of nowhere, heart attack,"

"Thanks, Doc,"

"No problem,"

"That's odd,"

"Maybe it's a coincidence," Sam shrugged it off. "People's hearts give out all the time, man,"

Phoenix scoffed. "No, they don't,"

"Do we have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life?" Sam argued.

"Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why," Dean exclaimed.

"What feeling?"

"When I was healed, I just...I felt...wrong. I felt cold, and for a second, I saw someone...this old man. I'm telling you, Sam, it was a spirit,"

"If there was something there, I think I would've seen it," Sam claimed.

Phoenix shook her head as she bit her lip.

"I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately,"

"Oh, excuse me, psychic wonder," Dean scoffed. "You're just gonna need a little faith on this one,"

"I believe you," Phoenix spoke up.

Phoenix and Dean looked over at Sam.

Sam sighed in defeat. "Yeah, alright. So, what do you want to do?"

"Why don't you go check out the heart attack guy? Phoenix and I will visit the reverend,"

"Why me?" Phoenix whined.

"Because you found the place hinky since we stepped foot on the property," Dean admitted.

***

"I feel great," Dean told the Reverend. "Just trying to, you know, make sense of what happened,"

"A miracle is what happened," The wife declared. "Miracles come so often around Roy,"

"When did they start?" Phoenix questioned. "The miracles?"

"Woke up one morning stone blind. Doctors figured out I had cancer, and told me I had maybe a month. So, uh...we prayed for a miracle. I was weak, but I told Sue Ann, 'You just keep right on praying'. I went into a coma. The doctor said I wouldn't wake up, but I did, and the cancer was gone. If it wasn't for these eyes, no one would believe I'd ever had it," Roy explained as he took off his glasses.

"And suddenly you could heal people?"

"I discovered it afterward, yes. God's blessed me in many ways,"

"His flock just swelled overnight," Sue Anne proclaimed. "This is just the beginning.

Phoenix wanted to puke listening to all of this. Her skin crawling.

"Can I ask you one last question?" Dean asked.

"Of course, you can," Roy nodded.

"Why? Why me? Out of all the sick people, why save me?"