Phantom Traveler

Dean was asleep on his stomach.

As the door opened, Dean awakened and slipped a hand under his pillow for a weapon. As he turned to look, he saw Sam and Phoenix enter, carrying coffee and pastries.

"Morning, sunshine," Phoe greeted

"What time is it?" Dean asked

"Uh, it's about five forty-five," Sam replied

"In the morning?"

"Yep,"

"Where does the day go?" Dean sat up "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple of hours,"

"Liar." Phoenix said "'Cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial,"

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV," Sam argued

"When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" Dean asked

"I don't know, a little while, I guess. It's not a big deal,"

"Yeah, it is,"

"Look, I appreciate your concern-"

"Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp," Dean said.

Sam shrugged.

"Are you still having nightmares about Jess?" Phoe asked as she crossed the room, sat on the other bed, and handed a coffee to Dean.

"Yeah. But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot you know?  This job. Man, it gets to you," Sam said

"You can't let it." Dean said "You can't bring it home like that,"

"So, what? All this it...never keeps you up at night?"

Dean and Phoenix shook their heads.

"Never? You're never afraid?" Sam asked

"No," Dean said

"Not really," Phoe said

Sam reached under Dean's pillow to pull out a gun and under Phoe's pillow he pulled out a knife and held them up as evidence.

Phoenix took the knife back. "That's not fear. That is a precaution,"

"All right, whatever. I'm too tired to argue," Sam sighed

Dean held up his hand and Phoenix high-fived him. Dean's phone rang and he answered it. "Hello?"

"Dean, it's, uh, it's Jerry Pankowski. You and your dad helped me out a couple of years back,"

"Oh, right, yeah. Up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?"

"No. No. Thank god, no. But it's something else, and...uh, I think it could be a lot worse,"

"What is it?"

"Can we talk in person?"

Dean eyed Sam and Phoe. They eyed back.

***

The Impala drove along a road to a hangar.

"Thanks for making the trip so quick." Jerry said "I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean and your dad really helped me out,"

"Yeah, he told me. It was a poltergeist?" Sam asked

"Poltergeist? Man, I loved that movie," A guy said