friendship

When Xavier Thorpe was five years old a girl moved into a house in his neighborhood, Adelina Engel. It did not take long for the two children to meet and become inseparable. They immediately started playing with each other at the park near their houses and on the playground nearly every day.

And their friendship stayed strong. The two stayed best friends all throughout elementary and middle school and had no plans to stop in high school. 

Xavier and Adelina loved each other, they had taken care of each other since kindergarten, how could they not? Although Adelina loved him in a different way than he loved her. She had pretty much been in love with him since he made a spider crawl on a girl that was making fun of her hair.

She cared about him so much, so much that she didn't tell him about her feeling because she knew that it would absolutely destroy their friendship. So, she did what any good friend would do. Furiously trying to get him with other girls to force herself to get over him. Which, did not work. 

Xavier on the other hand had no idea about his feelings. He knew he loved Adelina sure, but for some reason hadn't figured out just why he got angry every time he saw a guy talking to her. Or the sadness he felt whenever she would say he'd look cute with another girl. Truly an idiot. 

--

The best friends got older and that just meant a new school. High school, to be specific. The two would be going to Nevermore Academy, a school for outcasts. Adelina was very excited and Xavier was his usual, tortured artist, self. 

"I can't believe we're finally going to high schoolers! I've waited for this moment for like, forever!" The white-haired girl shrieked with excitement,

"Same, I just hope the school isn't weird like it's not gonna treat us differently because we're outcasts" Xavier expressed while shoving some books in a box, he was helping Adelina pack up her room for her dorm.

"Yeah, those old schools were so weird. Like not letting you draw because they thought you'd pull some sick prank. God, I hated those places," she scoffed just thinking about the place.

Normie's school really wasn't good for outcasts. Adeline was made fun of because of her small size by the students and the teachers had always believed she was the one behaving because of very false and offensive stereotypes. They were equally as awful to Xavier though, if not worse.

They ban him from using the art room alone, or in classes, which basically leaves no time to use it. This is because of his powers, art animation. They assumed just because he could, he would. They both hated those schools. 

--

"So this is it?" Adelina asked rhetorically looking up at the big school they were standing in front of, today was move-in day,