grammy

Every student at Nevermore either looked forward to this weekend every year or dreaded it. Family weekend is when parents and guardians are welcome to the school to see their kids. Adelina loved this weekend, not only because she got to see her amazing grandmother Amelia, but because she always brought gifts for her and her friends, even if they were itchy sweaters.

After what felt like the millionth boring speech Weems had given this year, including bullshit about Eugene getting better, Adelina went to find her grandmother but first Wednesday spoke up.

"On the mend? Try in a coma." She commented about the nonsense Weems had said,

"Have you been to see him? You're his friend." Enid asked

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital."

"No your not Wednesday. You didn't make him go out in the woods, and you didn't attack him, but you did find him. Honestly Wednesday you probably saved his life," Adelina argued with her friends nonsense.

"The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week, maybe you finally scared it off," Enid added.

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend" Wednesday looked over at her mother, "I knew I should've worn my plague mask,"

"Would you look at my family? Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom thirty seconds before her judge-y claws come out." Enid compared.

"Speak for yourselves, I love the family weekend. I love my grandma!" Adelina smiled,

"Yeah, I think everyone loves grandma Amelia. Anyway, let's get this over with," Enid sighed, each girl walking over to her family.

Adelina spotted her lovely grandmother very easily, her white hair sticking out.

"Grandma! I missed you so much!" She gently hugged the old woman.

"Oh, sweetie I missed you too!" She hugged back. "And I brought some gifts, for you and your friends of course. Even the new one with the weird name!" Grandma Amelia exclaimed revealing six boxes behind her.

"You mean Wednesday?" she asked, to which her grandmother nodded. "Well I don't think any of my friends really have very common names, but anyway. How about we go up to my dorm and we can open the gifts and catch up?"

"Oh yes, dear! And where is Xavier? I miss him so much!" The lady carefully picked up the boxes and look around for her granddaughter's friend.

"Um, I think Xavier needs some space today. You know how it is on the family weekend for him, his dad, and stuff,"

"Oh right, Vincent. That man just makes me want to hit something!" Grandma Amelia raised her fist in the air as if to scold someone.

"Me too Grandma, Me too," Adelina agreed, guiding her relative up to her dorm.