3 times for the birthday bitch

*Long chapter

Today was a very special day. It was Wednesday Addams's sixteenth birthday. Like the great people they are, the girl's friends decided to throw her a surprise party. The group was hiding in Crackstones crypt while Enid was to lure the girl out with a creepy letter, which was working, by the sounds of them entering the crypt at least.

As Wednesday got closer, the group sprang out from behind the tomb.

"Surprise!" they all shouted in unison. Then began to sing happy birthday while presenting a cake to Wednesday.

Wednesday looked behind her to see Thing, wearing a birthday hat. "I should have known you were behind this. What part of 'no party under the penalty of death' do you not understand?" 

"I thought my cake design was pretty inspired," Xavier said, as Wednesday looked down at the black cake with a grim reaper on top.

"The pink balloon was my little touch!" Enid added excitedly,

"Why don't you make a wish?" Adelina suggested, to which Wednesday ignored.

Wednesday had noticed some writing carved into the wall, she bent down to get a closer look. "Wait, it's Latin. Fire will rain... when I rise." She read the writing,

"That's not really a wish." Enid pointed out, bless her heart Adelina thought looking at her friend.

"The first part of the phrase was burned onto Nevermores lawn. It can't be a coincidence." Wednesday continued to ignore what was happening around her.

"Wait, we're never eating that cake, are we?" Ajax asked,

"Nope," Adelina replied.

Then Wednesday touched the writing on the wall, causing her to blackout. She was having a vision. 

"Well wasn't this a fun party!" Adelina said sarcastically,

"Definitely," Enid agreed, disappointed about the attempted party.

--

Later, Adelina, Enid, and Wednesday were together, talking about the failed birthday party in Enid and Wednesday's room.

"Careful, that's my cold shoulder," Wednesday spoke as Thing crawled onto her shoulder.

"Don't blame Thing. The party was my idea. I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday." Enid defended Thing.

"I prefer to be vilified." 

"What even happened? It looked like you were having a full-on seizure." Adelina asked the black-haired girl, kind of concerned.