iii. 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫

۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ ִ ۫ ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER THREE—
a plant war.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER THREE—a plant war

"Flip!" Blake encouraged as Ajax reached across the table and flipped the magazine page for her. "Ugh, flip again!"

"What? You don't wanna know about the negativity of wearing real fur?" he leaned over to look down at it more. "Scared the Furs will get you?"

"Have you seen the Furs?" Blake gave him a crazy look. "Almost as scary as....Wednesday?"

"She is kinda scary." he agreed and flipped the page.

"No, look." Blake tried to pat his arm, her hand passing right through and pointing toward Xavier and Wednesday near the archery section. "I bet she's planning on slicing him up."

"Have you talked to her?" Ajax turned his head to give a curious look. "Xavier said she wasn't as scary as they say."

"They've talk before?" this was news to Blake, she was usually always with Xavier and she knew for certain that they hadn't spoken to her. "When?"

"The carnival, I think. That's where he told me." he shrugged his shoulders as Blake frowned her eyebrows. "I figured you'd have talk to her by now. You always talk to the new kids."

"Yeah, but they all get scared of the ghost thing." Blake nodded to encourage him to flip the page again. "I don't think that would scare her so i'm not-"

Blake was cut off as she watched Wednesday toss an apple high up, shooting an arrow through it right on the bullseye. "What'd I tell you? What'd I tell you, Ajax?"

"Where'd you and Ajax go this morning?" Xavier asked Blake as she sat down with him in class,  the bell not ringing quite yet but people beginning to flood in. "I saw the two of you leave before I was even done with archery."

"We had some important business to take care of." Blake held her head a little higher with a nod. "Personal matter."

He turned to give her a look of disbelief. "A personal matter?"

"Mhm." she shrugged, nodding in encouragement for him to put her textbook infront of her. "What were you and Wednesday talking about?"

"Nothing." he shrugged. "She thinks i'm a snob that's life was handed to him on a silver platter."

"Well, Ajax and I just finished up the boat. Nothing personal." Blake shrugged now that he'd told her. "I guess she doesn't think too badly of you, considering she's walking over here."

Xavier frowned his eyebrows, looking back as Wednesday stoped infront of their desk. She avoided eye contact but it was clear there had only been a space right next to the pair of them, Blake cleared her throat. "Empty seat that may or may not have your name on it."