viii. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨?

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER EIGHT—
what have the two of you been up to?

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER EIGHT—what have the two of you been up to?

Blake stared at her body ad they rolled her back into her coffin, shutting the engraving of her name as she sighed. Xavier nodded to her. "You okay?"

Blake nodded her head with an exhale. "Kinda have to be."

He hesitated, looking at her. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" Blake gave a questionable look, still in the black and red dress due to not wanting to change back into the clothes she'd wore every day for the last seven months. "About last night?"

He shrugged, mentally saying yes. "I'm sorry about our fight. I didn't mean to make you seem like a second choice, that wasn't it. Obviously."

"Obviously." Blake had to snort slightly as he cracked her a smile. "Last night was fun."

Hs nodded his head as she exhaled and shrugged. "But, I understand. Why you agreed to go with Wednesday at first. Last night was fun because I wasn't just a ghost."

"You're not just a ghost." Xavier shook his head.

"Yes, I am. And it's okay, I know that." Blake shook her head. "I mean, what kind of teenage boy wants a girlfriend he can't even touch? It's not normal, you don't have to apologize for something like that."

"Last night was fun." he nodded and repeated himself. "But, it's not everything to me. I like being with you, I always have. It's okay if I never get to touch you again."

"Xavier, come on." this time it annoyed her, it got under her skin when it should have been something that meant the world to her. "You can't say that."

"Why? It's true." he looked at her in disbelief. "You know that, I made it obvious from the beginning. I mean, I literally said your name when I was with Bianca, Blake."

"Okay, and then what? What happens when you graduate? You're just gonna stay here forever?" Blake shot at him in disbelief.

"I can teach, that was always the plan." he shook his head.

"And then what? You're gonna be thirty and dating a sixteen year old?" Blake rolled her eyes. "You think you want to be with me but it's gonna get old when you can't hold my hand, and you can't kiss me. You can't do anything with me, that's not a relationship. I'm not gonna do that to you."

"Shouldn't that be my decision?" Xavier glared at her.

"No." Blake headed toward the door. "I'm not gonna let it be."

"Mommy!" Blake cheered as her Mom passed the gate, taking her sunglasses off with a bright smile.

"Blakey!" she cheered and air hugged her with a blow of a kiss. "Oh, you look beautiful. How'd you change clothes?"