vi. 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓖𝓖◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER SIX—
my fairy god mother.

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery of deception

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery of deception." Ms.Thornhill explain to her students as she held a plant in hand. Xavier gave a groan as he reached down to get his book.

"What's the matter?" Blake looked over at him with a worried look.

"Tweaked my back fencing." he lied to her, and she knew it.

"The orchid produces a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in." Thornhill went on with a nod of her head, indicating with her hands. "Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N." Bianca shrugged with her arms crossed, laughing echoing through the classroom.

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which if why I haven't assigned any homework." Thornhill smiled as she caused her class to cheer. "But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interest, come and see me up here."

"What, you're not gonna volunteer?" Xavier asked Wednesday as Blake got up and walked to her teacher.

"Ms.Thornhill?" Blake floated through the crowd of students so she would be at the front, making them all cringe at the feeling. "I can't really help but I have some great ideas."

"You're names on the list." she smiled at her, making Blake smile. A perfect opportunity to figure out why her teacher cared so much about her dead body.

It killed Blake not to involve Xavier in her plan, but she knew how disappointed he'd be. He'd probably lecture her for hours and then get all upset and not want to talk to her, making this a her and Thing mission only.

"Did you hear that?" Blake gasped from where she'd been sitting in Xavier's art studio. She floated through the wall.

"Blake?" he waited to see if she'd come back but never did, walking out of the door and behind the shed where she stared out at the woods. "What?"

"I heard something." she looked out. "A human foot was walking."

"How could you have heard a human foot?" he asked as the two looked over the woods. "How'd you know it wasn't an animal?"

"It's easy to tell, based off the human weight and an animal weight." Blake walked deeper into the woods as he followed close after her, pausing to stare down at the foot print in the mud. "I told you, someone was out here."

The two leaned down on sync to stare. Xavier nodded. "Looks like a guys foot, unless you know any girls with big feet."

Blake looked around more, trying to see if she'd seen anything else. "Measure your foot with it."