nine

Wednesday had immediately been called to Principal Weems' office, while Elvira and Enid returned to their dorm.

"So, how was your assignment with Xavier?" Enid asked, a knowing smile on her face.

"It was fine. I cleaned a lot of tables, and he did a lot of dishes," Elvira answered, not giving the girl what she wanted. Enid sighed and rolled her eyes at Elvira.

"Nothing happened between the two of you?"

"I mean, I handed him the dirty dishes," Elvira said with a shrug.

"I mean like relationship-wise? No feelings shared or anything like that?" Enid asked.

"Nope, no feelings shared or anything like that," Elvira confirmed. Enid groaned and fell back on her bed.

"Well, that makes one of us," Enid commented, which made Elvira raise an eyebrow.

"Something you want to share?" Elvira asked, as a huge smile grew on Enid's face.

"What is she sharing?" They heard. The two turned to see Wednesday closing the door to their dorm, her usual blank look on her face.

"I have a date with Ajax tonight!" Enid cried, jumping up from her bed and bouncing in excitement.

"Well that will be fun," Elvira told her with a smile. Enid nodded enthusiastically, while Wednesday remained silent and went over to sit at her desk. Wednesday began working on her novel as Enid began to pick out an outfit for the date.

"Too much?" She asked, turning around with a brightly striped shirt. Elvira's eyes widened, and she nodded in response. "I'm so glad I have my date with Ajax tonight. Get my mind of that train wreck of an afternoon. I literally think I have PTSD. I mean I didn't even get to do my dance routine."

"What a tragedy," Wednesday replied sarcastically.

"What kind of twisted psycho would want to sabotage such a life-affirming event?" Enid asked. Elvira immediately looked over to her cousin. Wednesday felt Elvira's eyes on her and she looked over, giving her an unamused look.

"You're going to be late," Wednesday told her after a moment of silence. Enid grabbed her coat and looked over at the two.

"Wish me luck," she said nervously.

"If he breaks your heart, I'll nail gun his," Wednesday told her, before Enid looked to Elvira who had a smirk on her face.

"He won't live to see tomorrow morning," Elvira added, as a few bolts of electricity sparked through her fingers. Enid's eyes widened at that and she nodded.

Enid hurried out of the room, and then Wednesday turned to her.

"I'm going to the coroner's office tonight. There's been another attack, and apparently there were photos taken of the monster," Wednesday spoke, which caused Elvira's eyebrows to shoot up.

"Photos? Like they sent this person on a suicide mission?" Elvira asked, and Wednesday shrugged. "How interesting."

"Regardless, I just thought I'd let you know, since I'm leaving soon," Wednesday told her, and Elvira nodded.

"I appreciate it," Elvira said, and the two shared a small smile, before Wednesday went back to her novel.

Elvira read as Wednesday finished the portion of her novel she was writing, before getting dressed to go to the coroner's office. She grabbed her tools, and then Thing hopped into her backpack, before they were off. Elvira was just about to go to bed when Enid came back into the dorm, sobbing.

"What's wrong?" Elvira asked, as Enid collapsed onto her bed.

"Ajax stood me up," Enid managed to say through her tears. Elvira frowned and made her way over to sit on the edge of Enid's bed, squeezing the girls hand.