ten

Elvira hadn't realized that she had fallen asleep, until she was shook awake by Enid.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up. I have exciting news," Enid said. Elvira grabbed her hand as Enid went to shake her again, glaring up at the werewolf.

"Shake me again and you'll lose your hand," Elvira told her. Enid nodded and Elvira let go of her hand, Enid snatching it back and cradling it.

"Want to see what I got you?" Enid asked, as Elvira moved to sit on the edge of her bed, covering her mouth as she yawned.

"Sure," Elvira answered, uninterested. It was probably some form of colorful souvenir that Elvira would secretly end up stashing under Enid's bed, so that she didn't have to look at it. Enid scrambled over to her closet and pulled out a garment bag, which completely surprised Elvira.

"Surprise!" Enid cried, unzipping the bag and revealing the most beautiful white dress Elvira had ever seen. The brunette stood, her eyes wide as she went over to get a better look at the dress. It was short, off-the-shoulder dress, but it wasn't too short, which Elvira was thankful for. It wasn't the style of dress Elvira would ever pick for herself, but now that she was looking at it, she loved it.

"Enid, this is beautiful," Elvira marveled, before looking over at her roommate. "But you forget that I don't have a date. The only person I wanted to go with was Xavier."

"Don't worry about that. You remember that normie Lucas? Well, he's my date to the Rave'N, and I asked if he had a friend that would go with you, and he does."

"I'm going to the Rave'N with a normie jerk? I don't know Enid," Elvira told her.

"Elvira, you're going to look amazing in this dress. Plus going with this normie guy will make Xavier jealous, isn't that what you want to do?"

"I would rather stab him in the eye with a needle," Elvira commented, making Enid's eyes widen.

"Don't you still like him?"

"No Enid, I got over him in the past few hours that I've been sleeping. Yes, I still like him," Elvira responded. "I just hate that he said yes to Wednesday, when I thought he liked me."

"Maybe he's just going with Wednesday so that he can talk to her about you?" Enid suggested, as she hung the garment bag back in Elvira's closet.

"Why would he do that? Why couldn't he just talk to me, about me?"

"That's not really how people do things anymore. It would be smart though," Enid replied. Elvira sighed and pursed her lips.

"Fine, I'll go to the dance with this normie kid, but only because you got me a really pretty dress."

"Yay! I'm so excited!" Enid cried, bouncing up and down. "I also really didn't think you would like it, because I wasn't too sure if you would like the fact that it was white."

"I don't mind white, I just prefer black," Elvira informed her with a shrug. "Wait a second, why are you going with this Lucas guy?"

"He told me that we could help each other out. I don't know what he wants, but I needed a date, so I agreed," Enid answered. Elvira raised an eyebrow at that, but nodded. Sounded suspicious, she would have to keep an eye on Lucas and his normie friend.

"So what's this kid's name? The one I'm going with?"

"Cole," Enid replied.

"Cole. Interesting," Elvira mumbled. Enid's huge smile hadn't been wiped off of her face yet, so when Elvira looked back up at her, she squealed once more.

"I'm so excited!"

***

Elvira stood in the white dress, and the pair of white heels that Enid had bought for her. The dress she liked, the heels were horrendous. Not that they weren't cute, it's just that she hated walking in heels.