CHAPTER ELEVEN

TATIANA LORIEL

The heels of Tatiana's black shoes thudded against the marble-tiled grand staircase of the palace's front hall. She passed under a large crystal chandelier that shone in the middle of the ceiling and down to the first floor. She couldn't help but be in a daze when she saw the interior of the castle. Everything looked like it was made of gold and silver.

Everything looked so expensive that it made her want to knock a piece out of it and sell it online for a higher price. Even just a piece of it would buy food that could last her a month.

She shook the thought off of her head and concentrated on her goal for the day. She needs to be more familiar with the place and learn about the details during the process. She quickly ran down the stairs, keeping her head low every time a palace servant passed by.

Getting caught will surely cost her freedom, and she will be forced to be trapped in her room for a month or more. Tatiana didn't want any of those things to happen since this is the first time she actually got a second shot at life. She just needed to avoid the servants that know her face, as well as Norma. If Norma sees her, then everything will crumble. She feels that Norma doesn't quite like her.

"Okay," Tatiana exhaled, "Let's try our best not to get caught and be back in the room before the afternoon tea."

William firmly told her that she must not get caught or else everyone around her would get punished.

"There you are!"

Someone grabbed her wrist and started running away along with her. It took her seconds before the situation made sense. All she heard was the clattering of their heels on the marble floor as they passed by large paintings and windows in the hallway.

"I have been looking for you! There are a lot of things to be done today! The hall is still a mess and the fabrics need to be dried!"

She wasn't sure how to react. The person who pulled her was wearing the same uniform as she was. She could not see her face as the woman was facing in front of her. They passed through several rooms and into places that Tatiana had never been in before. After minutes of running in the hallway, they finally arrived at an open area.

Tatiana was out of breath by the time they stopped, but the clear blue sky and the grass swaying in the wind took the exhaustion away. The open space that looked like a field was surrounded by tall brick walls with towers every ten meters. There were also royal guards patrolling above the brick walls.

Many palace servants were also there. They were hanging up sheets of fabric—one servant holding one side of the fabric while the other was on the opposite side. The wind also lingered with the smell of rose petals and vanilla, probably from the detergent they used—Oh, if detergent existed way back in the timeline.

Tatiana shrugged, even if the author wrote this in a time period when detergent and fabric softeners didn't exist, she could still write about it if she wanted to. But the fact that she is here now, inside of what's supposed to be a book, is the strangest thing.

"What are you still daydreaming about there?! Come! There are a lot of things to do!"