CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Tatiana's palms were sweaty and shaky.

She looked around the large room, many times bigger than hers. They could fit more than forty people inside the place. The room was octagonal in shape. Each side had pillars that enclosed a smaller part of the room which was reserved for accepting guests and paperwork.

Each pair of pillars formed an arch at the top with designs carved into the wood. The mini hallways surrounding the inside of the room had paintings and alcoves on that side with each alcove having a jar or a mini-statue in it.

Meanwhile, the middle part of the room had a large table to which Tatiana guesses that it's the king's study and it had another smaller table that's surrounded by individual chairs. Tatiana was sitting in one of those.

When she looked up, there was a fresco painted in the ceiling. It depicted a scenery of the night sky with the moon with a realistic face in it and all its stars and constellations.

This person must love art. Everywhere she turns, there is a piece of art in many forms.

A large portrait occupied the whole wall in front of her. And the person who was in that painting is in front of her, sipping on a cup of tea.

"So, you did not regain your memories back, yet?"

"No-Not yet, your Majesty." Tatiana's heart is bursting out of her chest and her palms are sweaty on her lap. She does not even want to think what she looks like now. She bets that she looks like a wet chick who got separated from its mother and is now in front of a large cat shaking in fear of being eating alive.

"I see," he mumbled, "I was quite shocked that you did not recognize me in the hallway."

"I-I sincerely apologize, your majesty." Tatiana stuttered and tried to drink a sip of the tea to calm herself down but instead made a clattering sound with the cup and the saucer. The cup shook along with her hands and some of it spilled over and she was not even able to bring to towards her halfway through. It was like she was playing the symbal but using the cup and saucer together. She was too nervous and it was showing.

She decided to give it up and placed the cup of tea down and tried to steady her breathe. She repeated to herself over and over that the king will not recognize that there is another person in his daughter's body.

"I heard that you placed the queen's teacher in the dungeon and that there was a commotion during the tea party?" the king asked,

"you lost your memories but you are still the same, I assume."

"My apologies."

"May I ask why that happened?"

Tatiana lifted her head. The king asked for her side of the story which was weird on her behalf.

"We-well, the teacher insulted my mother in front of me." She meekly said. The king paused halfway through drinking the tea and Tatiana immediately noticed the change in the air.