43

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Morgan noticed that Bjorn's eye bags are gone.

"Have you been sleeping well?" Morgan asked him. Bjorn glanced sideways at him but did not answer. Morgan shrugged his shoulders, since he was used to being ignored by the Captain.

"This armor and cape must be really expensive," Morgan wondered as he stared down his clothes. The king specifically assigned a designer for both Bjorn and Morgan since they will be escorting the royal siblings to the party.

Morgan is wearing a copper colored chest plate with the rerebrace and pauldron. An ochre colored cape dripped around his shoulders and is clipped together with a pin that had the kingdom's military crest.

Bjorn wore something similar. His armor was silver and a black cape draped over only one side of his shoulder, covering his other arm. Weapons are not allowed in the party so they can't bring swords or daggers or any sharp objects.

"Sir William," Bjorn bowed his head in respect when William arrived. He nodded at Morgan and Bjorn and stood beside them at the foot of the stairs waiting for the siblings to come down.

"Tatiana, walk faster! We're going to be late!" Elliot ran down the stairs. As William walked toward the stairs to greet the prince.

"Prince, you should not run down the stairs like that. It is dangerous."

"I'm sorry, William," Elliot immediately apologized.

"No worries, your highness."

"Elliot! Wait for me! Why is it so hard to walk in this dress!"

They still can't see Tatiana yet but they could already hear her loud voice complaining.

"This is why I told you to sleep early, your highness," Emma's voice echoed, "you are very hard to wake up. Manuel did not have the time to make the necessary revisions."

"I know!"

Elliot looked up to Bjorn and grinned at him, "my sister is really pretty today. You won't even recognize it's her."

Bjorn went back to looking at the stairs when Tatiana walked over to the edge. He was used to her wearing dazzling and beautiful outfits since they both grew up together and attended formal events. Seeing her in another dress won't surprise him anymore.

But he was wrong this time.

Tatiana walked down the stairs wearing a violet colored satin dress that contrasted her bright red hair that is braided around her head like a crown. Strands of curled hair dropped on the sides of her face which made it look even smaller.

Her lips were the color of sakura flowers when they are in full bloom and the lashes around her emerald green eyes became defined. Her cheeks were slightly blushed and the earrings dangled off of her ears and glimmered every time light reflected on it.

The shoulders drooped low on her arm exposing her shoulder blades and neckline. The corset fitted her waist which shaped into a V then became wide at her hips.

"Wow," Morgan breathed. He forgot that Tatiana was a princess since was always running outside in a simple dress. Now that she's all dressed up, he feels more distant.

Bjorn swallowed hard. Tatiana had that effect on him. He never once looked at her like he does not. It was like there was a glowing halo behind her that shined when she moved closer. He immediately looked away from cursed light.

"You look beautiful," William complimented her as he received her hand when she took the last step down.

"Really?" Tatiana asked and felt conscious in her own body, "I thought that this isn't my style but Manuel said that it would suit me. It's also tight around my waist, I don't know if I could eat enough at the party."