CHAPTER FOURTEEN

TATIANA LORIEL

Thankfully, no one discovered her identity, and she was able to safely go back to her room before the afternoon tea. Tatiana realized that she wasn't going to do that again any time soon, especially when Bjorn is around.

The next day, she was sleeping on her bed like a starfish, and her leg was outside of the blanket. Some of the pillows were scattered on the floor, and she was lying diagonally on the bed.

"It is time to wake up!"

She jumped from her bed in surprise when the door to her bedroom was flung open. She landed on her feet and stood in a defensive position, her hands in front of her ready to karate chop anyone who came near. Her eyes were still half open and her hair was pointing out in different directions.

"Who's there?! Who's there?!" she said in the alert.

William, who had just arrived with a guest, lowered his gaze and shook his head in disappointment. He cautiously glanced at the guest and then back to the princess, who wasn't in her best state.

He cleared his throat, "Your highness, the royal tutor is here."

"The-the what?" Tatiana opened her sleepy eyes and saw William and a blurry figure beside him. "Oh, William! You're here!"

The princess smiled goofily and scratched the back of her head. The workers accompanying the guest and William all looked at each other with unsure and embarrassed expressions.

"You need to pull yourself together!" a booming voice shouted, loud enough that the birds in the nearby forest flew away and the palace workers stopped doing their respective jobs for a second.

On the other hand, the tea served to the king was slightly rippled. A vibrating laugh came out at the back of his throat as he proceeded to pick it up.

"Ah, the lessons start again," he said, and took a sip. The queen drank her tea beside the king in their chambers, with servants and chefs surrounding them.

The queen said, "Since the princess lost her memories, she has been acting strangely. The tea party that I arranged will be happening in two weeks. I don't want her to embarrass herself."

"Make sure that the food prepared is thoroughly checked." The king said, "I don't want things to happen twice."

The queen froze in her place. The cup of tea stopped halfway through, and she tried to cover the slightly visible shaking of her hands. She cleared her throat and placed the cup of tea down.

"I will surely do it," she said, "My king, don't you think that the princess is old enough to do her duty in the palace?"

The king paused and thought about it.

"She and I are both young and healthy. I will teach her the right things when I see it fit."

"How about Elliot? He's a brilliant child. Don't you think he is brilliant enough to be attending the same lessons as the princess?"