CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Tatiana glided through the hallway on her way to the royal kitchen.

"What food do you think Elliot will like for the picnic?" she asked Emma who was half-running and walking to catch up to her.

"Princess, first of all, you need to slow down and be graceful when you walk." Emma told her but Tatiana disregarded what she said.

"I really liked the ice cream though." Tatiana said and wrote it down on a piece of paper that she brought with her. "How about you?

What do you want to eat?"

"I will eat whatever is provided." Emma said but paused, "but I heard that the peaches are sweet this season."

Tatiana chuckled and shook her head saying, "peaches for Emma."

She's really looking forward to this picnic with William, Emma and Elliot. She didn't sleep a wink just thinking about it. She imaged that they would go outside with a picnic basket and lay a blanket on the grass under the tree. They would laugh and talk and maybe sing. Then they would like under the tree and look at the sky and make up shapes of the clouds and take a nap.

This will be the first time she hangs out with people she likes and this will be Elliot's first time going on a picnic and hang out with other people so she wants to make it a memorable experience for him.

"What should we wear?" she asked. If only they had pants or pajamas in this world. She's getting used to wearing dresses everyday but nothing compares wearing shorts or jogging pants when it comes to comfortability. Dresses also makes running difficult for everyone.

As they were chatting, Tatiana noticed Emma freezing in her tracks. Her eyes widened and she immediately walked towards the side of the hallway and bowed her head.

"Emma?"

"The palace is gigantic but why do I have to run into you here?"

Tatiana immediately recognized the voice. She whirled around and smiled.

"Oh, you're here," she said, "what is a queen doing here?"

"I basically own this place. I will go wherever I want." The queen scanned Tatiana from head to toe and looked over to Emma who was respectfully standing behind her.

"I see that you decided to have your own personal servant." The queened smirked and glanced over behind her back. There were at least ten maids behind her that formed two lines. Tatiana wanted to roll her eyes because the queen was showing off once again.

"And you have ten," the princess gave an unsure smile. "good for you, then."

"Well then, I'll be on my way," the queen said. Tatiana nodded her head and gestured her hands to show them the way and let them pass.

"Let's go, Emma." Tatiana was sweating. The tension and fakeness were too much to handle.

"Oh, and by the way." Tatiana turned around and saw the queen was facing her. "Elliot won't be seeing you anymore. He doesn't want to see the person who humiliated his mother. Also, you are being a bad influence to him."

"What?" Tatiana felt like she turned deaf but the queen turned around and continued her way. She squinted her eyes at the queens back and looked over at Emma.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she said. "let's go back first."

--

"I really think that this is not a good idea, your highness—"