Chapter 2

I was dragged out on to the dance floor by someone. I didn't see who it was but I remember realizing Rosé wasn't by my side.

But just as that thought had crossed my mind, I felt long arms wrap around my waist and a hand sweep away the hair on my neck. I knew from the single touch who it was and because I was a little drunk, I leaned back into the touch and moved to the beat of the music. Rosé giggled lowly in my ear and I felt her hips press into me from behind, so I pushed back and she mewled quietly into my ear.

I don't know what made me do it, it could've been the seven tequila shots that I took or maybe it was the three beer chasers, but I decided to turn around and face my best friend. She was smirking down at me drunkenly and I felt something warm spread in my stomach as my palms glided down her arms and then settled on her hips, pulling them tight against mine. Her thigh slipped between mine, her breath warm against my face and I felt the need to tuck back a piece of her hair as it fell down; so I did it.

She bit her lip at the gesture, and I found myself smiling. I could feel the music pumping and how it was matching my pulse. I could feel her breath warm against my face, her forearms searing against my skin where they were draped over my shoulders and wound around my neck and how her hips were pushing into mine like she needed more.

And in that moment, I wanted more, too.

I wanted to give into the temptation thrumming through my body and close that miniscule gap between my lips and just kiss her because I felt the need hit me hard in the stomach. I felt it creeping across my skin, sizzling beneath it and I dragged my fingertips over her cheek, down her jaw and let my fingers settle beneath her chin, my thumb brushing over her bottom lip as my eyes drifted down and locked on to it.

And then I heard it... her breath hitching. I heard it despite my heavy breathing, despite the sound of the music pounding above and despite my pulsing roaring in my ears. I heard it and I felt my own breath hitch in my throat as I looked back into her eyes because I knew at that moment, she wanted it as much as I did.

So I gave in.

I spared one last glance into her eyes at the same time I wet my lips and then just went for it. I let the hand on her hip drift around, urging her body forward and used the hand on her face to tip her chin a little, just enough so I could press my lips against hers, to fit my top lip between her own.

But I didn't get that far.

A second before I was to feel her soft, warm lips against my own, the music cut and the strobe lights flicked off. I jerked my head back, my neck snapping to the side to see what the hell was going on but all I found was confused faces doing the same as I was, and all I heard was the simultaneous groan of many put out party people who just wanted to drink and dance the night away.

Just like myself.

There must have been a back up generator or something because lights suddenly came on, illuminating the whole place and my eyebrows knitted together, hand dropped away from Rosé's chin on instinct to cover my eyes as they adjusted to the change in brightness.

"What the..." I started but the sound of someone speaking overhead stopped me.

"WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT THE MAIN GENERATOR HAS BROKEN SO IF YOU WOULD, COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NEAREST EXIT. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. THANK YOU."

I furrowed my brow because shit, I was totally just getting into the groove; but still, I knew I could't do anything and looked back to Rosé to find her pouting. Apparently I wasn’t the only one that wanted to continue drinking and dancing.