EPILOGUE

I can't take my eyes off her.

She's in the kitchen with my mom, peeling the potatoes and laughing at something my aunt said. Her eyes are brighter than the sun, her smile matching and it's ridiculous that even after six months of officially being together, and even freaking longer of feeling the way I do for her, I'm still looking at her like she's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

But then again... I guess she is.

Anyway, I'm back in Miami, visiting my family with her and I haven't exactly told my mom that Rosé and I are dating properly and have been for a while now, but it's one of those things that is known but unsaid. After all, the last time I came here, Rosé and I weren't together and my mom could tell I was already falling madly in love with the girl.

So I'm sitting in the living room, on my grandpa's armchair in the corner, pretending to watch the football with my dad and gazing with puppy dog eyes at the love of my life. I just can't help it, and I still sometimes want to pinch myself to make sure everything's real because my life's a dream come true.

"Lisa, are you even listening to me?" My dad calls, and all my senses come back to me as I gaze at him. Damn. I probably should've been listening to him.

"Say what?"

His head turns, eyes following mu previous line of vision and when he glances back, I can already see the laughter in his eyes. "Oh," is all he says as he gets up from the sofa, comes to pat me on my thigh and drop a kiss to my forehead. "Don't worry about that, I'll speak to you later."

I don't really have any defense in me because I really wasn't listening to anything he was saying, instead focusing on the most beautiful girl in the room and so I just nod weakly and move myself after my mom and aunt leave Rosé alone. I make my way through the living room to the kitchen and instead of approaching Rosé from behind, kissing her on the shoulder and neck like I do almost every morning as she cooks me breakfast back at my place, I decide to slide up beside her, butt against the counter and grin knowingly in her direction.

Her eyes flick to me immediately, the brown shining and it takes my breath away. I didn't know love could have a look but that's sure as hell it.

"Hey stranger," I manage through my grin.

The giggle she makes is the most incredible noise I've ever heard, and I let myself sink into this moment because I never go without treasuring her anymore. Every breath, every step and every word she makes is just the best thing. I don't really know how I can be so crazy for someone. I've never felt like this before.

"Hey you," she replies softly, kicking her foot out to tap against the side of mine. "You're done staring then?"

My eyes bug a little bit, unaware that I'd been caught but I clear my throat, trying to play it cool. "I wasn't staring," I explain, turning around to grab the spare peeler by the sink. She just gives me a look after I steal her potato too, and I shrug playfully, scrunching my nose. "You can grab another potato."

She chuckles and bumps her shoulder into mine and we get on with peeling the potatoes, flirting all the mean while until I hear footsteps behind me and feel a pair of all too knowing eyes bore into the back of my head.

"Ah, Lisa," my mom says. "You've finally decided to come and help us instead of pretending to listen your dad."

I throw her a glare over my shoulder but Rosé taps my foot again and I swallow the retort building in my throat. I want to be annoyed when she does that seeing as she does it quite a lot actually, but she just smiles at me and I roll my eyes because it's not the first time, and it definitely won't be the last. But I guess that's just part of being in love and all that crap.