Chapter 26...

These are the FINAL chapters of the book! So prepare yourself for the ending! If you want you can now read from the beginning to the end <3

Everything else faded away when we kissed. All of my worries flew out of my mind and all I could focus on was Logan.

He kissed me like a man starved. Like he hadn't kissed me in days instead of hours. I kissed him back the same way as I ran my fingers up his abs to his chest. It was like he was a drug I couldn't quit; not that I wanted to.

Pulling apart, Logan rested his forehead against mine breathing heavy. His hands moved away from my head to wrap around my waist, keeping me pressed against him.

"You taste like hot chocolate." I murmured, hand coming up and grazing the stubble on his chin.

"So do you." He pecked my lips once, twice.

We stood there in silence for another moment before I spoke again.

"I got you a present." 

"You did?" He leaned back, surprise written all over his face. Nodding, I slipped out of his hold and went over to the bed. I felt bad his present was still in the shipping package and not all neatly wrapped, one of my favorite things to do for Christmas, but it would have to work.

Feeling nervous once again I extended the present hoping he'll like it. I played with the hem of my shirt as Logan opened the gift, his face blank. My lips twitched at the sight of the apron and the words on the front. It looked better in person than on the website.

When he didn't say anything I started to worry that it wasn't a good gift.

"Everyone needs an apron and I thought you'd think it's funny. Get it? Hands off my buns and then the little buns?" I rambled. "I saw it and thought of you but you don't have to wear it if you don't like it."

Shut up Olivia.

I clamped my lips together to stop further embarrassing myself. Every second that ticked by made my nerves skyrocket. I mean if he hates it just say something.

"You got this for me?" Logan finally said after three excruciating minutes.

"Yeah...it's Christmas." came my lame response.

"The last present I got was when I was 17." Logan said softly, still staring at the apron.

(Mental illness Warning ahead)

My eyes widened at his words. 17? He hasn't gotten a single present for Christmas or his birthday? He was 33 for crying out loud.

"Logan." He looked away from his gift to send me a soft sad smile. He took a seat on the edge of the bed staring at the apron wistfully.

"Growing up we didn't have much. My mom was a single parent trying her best to give us a good life but it was hard at times."

I kept my lips clamped as Logan started talking about his past. Something I thought would never happen. He was so closed off at times. Rightfully so after what happened with his brother and in the Marine's.

"My mom was the best person I knew growing up. Always coming to my baseball games, taking us out for ice cream when we had a bad day at a school. Baking cookies with us." As he spoke a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. I sat beside him on the bed, entranced as he talked about his mom for the first time.

"We didn't do much for Christmas. Blake and I only got one present, sometimes two if it was a good year, but that didn't matter to us. Even with one present my mom managed to make Christmas feel like the greatest holiday."