Bonus Chapter 2....

(Olivia is 28, Logan is 36)

Three Years Later....

"Liv, you should be home resting!" Tori scolded me like a little kid, hands on her hips. She may only be twenty but she acted like she was in her 40's.

"I know, I know. I'm just finishing up a few things." I already got a look from the others when I came in this morning. It wasn't like I came in at 5 this morning, it was 9 o'clock!

"Liv we are going to be just fine. I promise." I know the bakery will be just fine while I'm gone. I have the best workers that I know will run this place smoothly, it's just hard letting go. Wasn't like I was leaving forever or anything but I've spent the last four years working my ass off to build my bakery to be the best.

Sighing I rubbed my stomach, little baby James kicking. I was taking time away from my one baby to focus on my new baby. Baby James was due any day now, meaning I shouldn't even be here.

"Does Logan know you came in?" Tori raised an eyebrow at me. I sent her a sheepish smile. "So in exactly five minute your husband is going to come marching through those doors."

"Sounds about right." I nodded.

Ever since we found out I was pregnant Logan has become a helicopter dad. Constantly by my side, not letting me lift anything over 5 pounds, nothing too strenuous. It's only gotten worse the closer I've gotten to my due date. He means well and I love him for it, but at the same time the worrying wasn't helping.

I did promise to take a step back from all the heavy lifting at the bakery. Not going in as early, letting the others carry the big trays from the oven, and now taking a few weeks off for the baby.

"He means well." I smiled at the thought of my husband. Sometimes I still have to pinch myself that I married Logan. The guy I was secretly in love with for years.

Over the last three years we've built a beautiful life together. Instead of going back to working with my brother at the hardware store, Logan decided to help me run the bakery. He did split his time with the bakery, the hardware store when needed, and he even started volunteering at the VA with the other vets.

Going to the VA has really helped him and his PTSD. He stills gets a few night terrors and certain noises make him jump, but he's done so much better than when he got back home. Logan still hasn't fully told me about his time in the Marines. A little bit here and there he's shared but for the most part he's kept it to himself. When I once asked why his exact words were 'I've had to live with it, the last thing I want is for you to'.

"You two are still so sickly in love aren't you." Tori wrinkled her nose at me. I grinned at her expression. Ever since she broke up with her boyfriend 8 months ago, a horrible breakup at that, Tori has had an aversion to anything romantic. Not that I fully blamed her, not when I was there for the fall out of her relationship. Ever since she's been asking for more shifts at the bakery, gladly manning the store by herself some days.

"Don't worry soon you'll find someone who makes you smile like Logan does." I pulled her into a side hug.

"No thanks." She says that now but she's only twenty. She has her whole life ahead of her.

Before I could say anything the front door bell rang, drawing both of our attention. As soon as I saw who was walking through I grinned. My husband didn't return my smile as he shook his head, coming around the counter.

"I leave you alone for one minute."

"I was just coming to grab your favorite cookies." I said, which wasn't entirely a lie.