Chapter 2:The Beginning

I feel like the dumbest person alive when I realised what I did. But it was too late when that happened,I had already turned into Mrs. Anaisha Divyansh Sehgal when reality dawned upon me.

So what happened was that as soon as Divyansh gave a green signal to be married to anyone that has ballons in the right places,Aarti aunty started recalling all the girls that she thought deemed fit to be her daughter in law.

She was recollecting the potential brides' names,when something stuck in her mind and she turned to me.I already had a hint of what she was going to say to me and she did the exact same thing.She asked me if I could marry her son today in this very mandap.I would be lying if I said it didn't send butterflies in my stomach.

I wouldn't deny that having Divyansh as my husband was my teenage dream and I  had spent countless nights imagining our wedding in my head in high school days.I guess I had not grown out of my silly crush completely yet and that's why I took the most stupid and spontaneous decision I ever took in my life.I agreed to marry Divyansh.

As simple as that sounds,it is actually not.I had agreed to get married to Divyansh but I put forward a set of conditions. I believe a sane part of me was still active when I did that. I had talked to my parents about marrying Divyansh for a period of 6 months.After these 6 months,of we both decided to move forward with the marriage,we can remain married,even if Gunnet comes after that period,the marriage wouldn't be called off. However,if any of us want to move away from the bond after 6 months,we both would get divorced without any intervention from our parents.

I had thought this through, since no one from my relatives was here,no one from my side of the family would know about the marriage and so,no would poke their nose into the matter. Also,I do admit that I like Divyansh from school time.But real life is different from school life,people change, their habits, their nature,their personalities change.And I had not even known Divyansh closely enough in the past,I had just imagined a version of him who I liked based on the few interactions we had in the past. I didn't want to be too
invested in this marriage from the beginning and have high hopes because when dreams come crashing down,it hurts like a scattered glass has pierced through the heart.

Just like that both our parents and Divyansh agreed.We were made to sit in the mandap.We completed our pheras and he tied the mangalsutra to my neck and then filled my hair partition with vermillion making me his Wife.

All of this seemed normal but his eyes gave away.His eyes lacked the shine, his face lacked the glow, the hands, while tying the mangalsutra to my neck, lacked the warmth and his heart lacked what I aspired my husband to have the most for me, love.

But all of this wasn't his fault, it was sort of expected.Our marriage was not a love marriage nor an arranged one. Heck, he was not even supposed to be wed to me, had it not been for the love of his life leaving him on the day of his wedding, we would have never even crossed our paths again in life. But destiny had its own plans and here, I was sitting as Mrs. Anaisha Divyansh Sehgal now unware of what the future holds for me, for us.

Here's the wedding chapter peeps.
Do tell me whether you like it or not.
Yours truly,
Annieisha